Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Why are some 419's exhaust run across under the platform????? >

Why are some 419's exhaust run across under the platform?????

Notices
Formula

Why are some 419's exhaust run across under the platform?????

Old 02-18-2015, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff32
10 test hour and engines still need to be tuned up...

??????????????????

Why not do it and sell it in good ''working order'' ?

something's fishy...

That is what I think too, very fishy.
Unable to finish work. What does that mean???
All that makes me think this is lipstick on a pig and I am researching that boat with high skepticism. I wonder if it is a hurricane boat or something like that. Scary.

I asked why the ad says generator but it is not pictured. They checked it out and said, your right the gen is missing. After the dealer had an alleged conversation with the owner the status of the generator is gone. It had a problem and was thrown away is what they said. With the gen out of the boat it is likely not seaworthy right now. Just more fishy sounding stuff to me.
I'm checking it out but don't have much hope for it at this point.

Oh yea, P.S. those GIL looking risers on stainless manifolds ??????? I gotta see what kind of adapter is in this thing.

Last edited by aquaforce; 02-18-2015 at 07:54 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 38fountainecman
I had a group of brothers come over from Sweden and took the boat back there. They love formulas and wanted the "mac daddy". They were going to build 575-600 hp naturally aspirated big blocks and install XR drives. Removing all "un-necessary" items such as generator, holding tank, a/c, etc. They have a short boating window and obviously don't need the same things we need in the states. Wish I could hear from them on how the build went. I have seen the 97 in Ft. Lauderdale. If it the same one, I thought it looked pretty sweet. I would hope they just misprinted the HIN, if not I wouldn't touch it. I would also be concerned with the SC motors in a salt environment. The supercharger intakes are not brass lined at the various points where the intake mates with the block and I ended up puking a motor over it. Went to sandblast the corrosion on the intakes and the aluminum just went away. If you do find one at the right price, would be worth installing new intakes and closed cooling systems as the new mercs all have these days. The 419 is just one awesome ride and I absolutely loved the triples, coolest thing I have ever owned.

Hey Ray....here's a 419 triple play toy for you at a good price....
http://toledo.craigslist.org/boa/4867998333.html