Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Why are some 419's exhaust run across under the platform????? >

Why are some 419's exhaust run across under the platform?????

Notices
Formula

Why are some 419's exhaust run across under the platform?????

Old 02-14-2015, 11:06 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Why are some 419's exhaust run across under the platform?????

The title is kind of confusing but so is the exhaust configuration on these 419 triples where two engines run the exhaust straight back through the transom and one engine from the side underneath the swim platform aimed across the other tips. What is with that? What are the pro's and con's?

I think I like them all running straight back through the transom better.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 365 Likes on 244 Posts

good question! notice the same, just never wondered why!
Old 02-15-2015, 03:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff32
good question! notice the same, just never wondered why!

Do you have the deal working on the 419 at Double R?
Old 02-15-2015, 03:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

no! it s all yours!
Old 02-15-2015, 04:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff32
no! it s all yours!
LOL, nope, it is a mono hull and while beating the bushes I found out the motors are tired. The engines are lacking power and the boat will not get up to speed. For their price I can move up to a Fastech. I am sticking with the Fastech's for my searches.

Are you still thinking 419? The Torch graphic 2002, 419 in NY is gorgeous but it doesn't have the cabin shower or AC or generator.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a 97 with 525 sc and I think it is because as Formula raised the X dimensions on the drives, they couldn't get the front engine's exhaust over the rear engines valve covers. Therefore, they routed the front engine around the outside of the rear engines and had no choice but to bring the exhaust exit the way they did. I did not have the extension boxes, but for those boats that do, the box in of itself raises the engine 1". Also, when you add the extension, you really need to raise the X dimension in order to see the efficiency of the extension box. Loved my boat, the family just outgrew it.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 38fountainecman
I had a 97 with 525 sc and I think it is because as Formula raised the X dimensions on the drives, they couldn't get the front engine's exhaust over the rear engines valve covers. Therefore, they routed the front engine around the outside of the rear engines and had no choice but to bring the exhaust exit the way they did. I did not have the extension boxes, but for those boats that do, the box in of itself raises the engine 1". Also, when you add the extension, you really need to raise the X dimension in order to see the efficiency of the extension box. Loved my boat, the family just outgrew it.

That explanation makes sense. I don't like the routing but I follow the logic why it is that way.

Did you sell your boat in the Florida area? Is it still around?
There is a 97 with 525SC in Ft Lauderdale that is painted blue. The HIN is not correct by Formula's records and I'm wondering about it as a hurricane damaged boat. It is fully optioned so I am interested in it but there is so much new stuff on the boat that is gets my red flag flying.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a group of brothers come over from Sweden and took the boat back there. They love formulas and wanted the "mac daddy". They were going to build 575-600 hp naturally aspirated big blocks and install XR drives. Removing all "un-necessary" items such as generator, holding tank, a/c, etc. They have a short boating window and obviously don't need the same things we need in the states. Wish I could hear from them on how the build went. I have seen the 97 in Ft. Lauderdale. If it the same one, I thought it looked pretty sweet. I would hope they just misprinted the HIN, if not I wouldn't touch it. I would also be concerned with the SC motors in a salt environment. The supercharger intakes are not brass lined at the various points where the intake mates with the block and I ended up puking a motor over it. Went to sandblast the corrosion on the intakes and the aluminum just went away. If you do find one at the right price, would be worth installing new intakes and closed cooling systems as the new mercs all have these days. The 419 is just one awesome ride and I absolutely loved the triples, coolest thing I have ever owned.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 38fountainecman
I had a group of brothers come over from Sweden and took the boat back there. They love formulas and wanted the "mac daddy". They were going to build 575-600 hp naturally aspirated big blocks and install XR drives. Removing all "un-necessary" items such as generator, holding tank, a/c, etc. They have a short boating window and obviously don't need the same things we need in the states. Wish I could hear from them on how the build went. I have seen the 97 in Ft. Lauderdale. If it the same one, I thought it looked pretty sweet. I would hope they just misprinted the HIN, if not I wouldn't touch it. I would also be concerned with the SC motors in a salt environment. The supercharger intakes are not brass lined at the various points where the intake mates with the block and I ended up puking a motor over it. Went to sandblast the corrosion on the intakes and the aluminum just went away. If you do find one at the right price, would be worth installing new intakes and closed cooling systems as the new mercs all have these days. The 419 is just one awesome ride and I absolutely loved the triples, coolest thing I have ever owned.

Interesting and good info on the SC engine points. Closed cooling would be the way I would want to go.
Supposedly the engines in the Ft Lauderdale boat only have 10 test hours on them so hopefully that could mean that the intakes are ok now. Also Formula pulled the file on that boat and found the explanation to the HIN issue and all is well there; strange story though. With all the storms that blew through Fl in the past several years I want to research the boat more to make sure it is not a damaged boat.
Thanks for all that personal info with your 419. I am excited to get into one when I can.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

10 test hour and engines still need to be tuned up...

??????????????????

Why not do it and sell it in good ''working order'' ?

something's fishy...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.