1 What do you think about these boats
2 What do you think they are worth
3 Would it be worth putting a interior in it
4 How many Formula owners would be interested in owning one
Thanks Howard
Old 03-09-2015, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The best thing about them is that they have a Kevlar hull. They made a few Kevlar pleasure 382s ( I think something like 3 or 4 ) but F2 race boats were all Kevlar hull boats. As far as switching them over to pleasure boats the cockpit would be very easy and everything in the cabin should be available from Formula. The Grid System is the same so everything would fit, but you might want to change the dash so you have the sliding door. I have always thought doing some type of a half cabin would be cool and the 4 stand up bolsters that they offered back in the early 2000s. It would be a great Poker Run boat.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:51 PM
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Kevlar, Formula told me the best way to install the cabin is to lift the deck off and I would have to change the dash like you said, Lots of work. I like your idea about a half cabin that would be cool and a little easier to do. I have the back seat for it so all you have to do is remove the rear hatch. I have to do something with it I had it up for sale for sometime now with little interest.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

meant to go pound the rough,
next to nothing
no just buy a regular 382 if thats what your after,
not many
Old 03-10-2015, 08:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RandS RACING
Thanks Kevlar, Formula told me the best way to install the cabin is to lift the deck off and I would have to change the dash like you said, Lots of work. I like your idea about a half cabin that would be cool and a little easier to do. I have the back seat for it so all you have to do is remove the rear hatch. I have to do something with it I had it up for sale for sometime now with little interest.
I have always wanted to do an F2 382 project. I think it could be made into a really cool boat. I bought my 382 new and it is one of the few F2 Kevlar hulls that were built as pleasure boats with a full cabin and cockpit. Wish I could afford your boat as a project but can't swing two of them. I would build my own enclosed head and storage across from it out of wood, glass it in and glue the same stuff on it that Formula puts on the head liner. Instead of doors I would put roll up doors made of vinyl, get the lounge from Formula and block it of there like a Cig Cover Girl. Do my own floor, carpet it and look into sheets of Carbon Fiber for the head liner. I know, a lot of work but could be well worth it. Just a thought. Good luck RandS Racing.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:55 PM
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Kevlar, Some good idea I will let you know how my project works out. Thanks Howard
Old 03-11-2015, 06:01 AM
Registered

Howard I was thinking about this last night and I would look into using Balsa Core instead of wood. PM me sometime and let me know how you are coming along on this. Dave ( Welfare Racing ) has a F2 that he is thinking about doing a cabin in also, I'm thinking between the three of us we can build a couple of bad a$$ 382s.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:43 PM
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Balsa Core would work, have a friend here in NJ that is going to help me out with the fiberglass work if I decide to change it over. I would really like to keep it as a race boat so someone could continue to race it but like I said no buyers Dave's a good guy loves his performance boats he's always got some project going on!
Old 03-14-2015, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kevlar382
The best thing about them is that they have a Kevlar hull. They made a few Kevlar pleasure 382s ( I think something like 3 or 4 ) but F2 race boats were all Kevlar hull boats. As far as switching them over to pleasure boats the cockpit would be very easy and everything in the cabin should be available from Formula. The Grid System is the same so everything would fit, but you might want to change the dash so you have the sliding door. I have always thought doing some type of a half cabin would be cool and the 4 stand up bolsters that they offered back in the early 2000s. It would be a great Poker Run boat.

When spoke to formula, they told me that the inner liner is missing, so the deck would need to come off to do it properly, he made a reference to structure integrity of the interior, as i was thinking of doing it to mine....Howard, thanks for the kind words buddy!

Last edited by welfare racing; 03-14-2015 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the "inner lining" that you are referring to? If it is/was a race boat, it seems to me it should already be reinforced to the max.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.