Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
used '04 292 rear seat bottom cover... anyone want it? >

used '04 292 rear seat bottom cover... anyone want it?

Notices
Formula

used '04 292 rear seat bottom cover... anyone want it?

Old 04-12-2015, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default used '04 292 rear seat bottom cover... anyone want it?

I just replaced my rear seat bottom bench cover because my original had some seams that where starting to loosen up. 1st off thanks Formula for still offering the replacement at a reasonable price (350). 2nd... before I toss the old one does anyone want it? Pay for shipping and it's yours if you have a use for it.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Now that's funny. Just this afternoon I removed the rear seat cover off my 292 and was going to post the same thing. I have one seam in the center that opened up a few inches and so I did the same and purchased a new cover from Formula.

I'm going to get a decent staple gun this week before doing mine. The staple gun I have shoots 3/8" crown staples and I want 1/2" like Formula used. What did you use? Any tips?

Do you know if the staples Formula uses are Monel or SS?

Also bought new carpet this winter. She'll be good as new for the 2015 season!
Old 04-12-2015, 09:41 PM
Registered

half inch staple gun worked great. Mark all your reference lines. You will need to sew on a staple strip of material if your cover doesn't have it for the center rib. I didn't understand why the complete factory cover didn't come with it but it was an easy fix. Center rib gets stapled 1st and then work out from there. It was really nice because my starboard was marked where all the seams should land and it matched up with the marks on the new cover. From start to finish I was about 2 hours.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks. Mine came with the plastic staple strip already attached to the center rib. I test fit the cover and all looks good so far.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:17 AM
Registered

ordered my replacement sunpad skin from Formula a week ago for my 292. Had a 12" seam which opened up on me, so I got that to look forward to in a few weeks.

Can you tell spring has arrived????
Old 04-13-2015, 10:29 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

[QUOTE=4mulafastech;4291317
I'm going to get a decent staple gun this week before doing mine. The staple gun I have shoots 3/8" crown staples and I want 1/2" like Formula used. What did you use? Any tips?

Do you know if the staples Formula uses are Monel or SS?

[/QUOTE]

When I replaced the wood under the sunpad, I had staples that were rusty. Leads me to believe they were just SS. I purchased Monel staples to reattach vinyl. Keep in mind though mine is 97.