Notices
Formula

What can anyone tell me about this boat Formula 31' SR1

Old 07-20-2015, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What can anyone tell me about this boat Formula 31' SR1

Going to look at it tomorrow. Guy doesnt know what yr it is

Anything I should look for in particular on these boats?

It has been sitting for 10yrs?

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/da...114404687.html

Not knew to boats by anymeans just looking for a speed boat for the rivers around here and like anything like to build something.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by turbom700
Going to look at it tomorrow. Guy doesnt know what yr it is

Anything I should look for in particular on these boats?

It has been sitting for 10yrs?

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/da...114404687.html

Not knew to boats by anymeans just looking for a speed boat for the rivers around here and like anything like to build something.
check stringers and bulkhead, transom, that thing looks like a serious project, also if resale is on your mind at all over the next 2/3years you will need to be in it for 15 or less, I'm sure you know u will never be paid for your time, I'm talking actual cash outta pocket buying and getting it in water ready shape, if you like tinkering it may be worth it, it is my experience any of these SR1's that aren't in very nice original condition sell very cheap, its ashame someone at sometime made up a nice graphics to update her
Old 07-20-2015, 04:42 PM
Registered

I haven't seen the other motor yet but I feel like I can get it up and running for 10k or less. Including the purchase price.

I we'll definitely be going thru the boat for rotten wood but just wondering if these boat where notorious for rot or anything else.

I'm thinking with a little dash update and and some TLC she should easily sell for 15-20k. Will see it all could change tomorrow when I look at it.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you buy it and want to part it out..I need the trailer and window frame..and vents
Old 07-20-2015, 11:57 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Transom assemblies??? Drives?????

I don't think it would be worth putting back together if it was free. If you think 10k will get it back on the water, I think you are dreaming.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

All depends what parts actually come with the boat. I could be wrong but from the pictures it is going to take a lot more than 10k to get it running. Remember, why would anyone take apart a perfectly good running, we'll maintained boat and let it sit?
Old 07-21-2015, 08:05 AM
Registered

He has one motor and both outdrives, I'm going to take a look at it today and go from there. If all it needs is a motor and assy work then thats not bad at all, but its been sitting for 10yrs so the gas tank(s) could be trashed which is no fun.

Also if parts are all over the guys garage thats a deal breaker, I have done a few projects like this and the small parts add up quickly.

He's moving at the end of the month thats why he selling the boat, figured if I can be in for 4-5k(trailer and out drives are worth that alone) another 4-5k in motor and accy. it wouldnt be a half bad boat for 10k.

I really have no NEED for the boat I have a pontoon with a LS1 but for some reason I WANT a boat like this and I enjoy doing the work(crazy).
Old 07-21-2015, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you really want a boat like this and a project..Ill sell you one I got..Its a 1989 with 330s. Been in rack storage untouched since 2007. Pm me if your more interested.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:13 AM
Registered

Haha I wouldnt say I want a project like this, put it crossed my mind when I seeing it on CL.

I went and looked at it's nice boat seems soild, second motor is somewhat apart and he claims to have "all" the parts. With that being said I think I'm going to pass on the boat. All thou this would be a fun river boat and big body of water boat, I have to remember I have a 9 month old and I would rather spend time with her then putting together a boat.

Plus its not like I'm boatless or anything I have a kickass pontoon that enjoy very much and this would just be another project.

With that said he's moving the end of the month, I told him if it doesnt sell by then call me and I will give you 3500 for it the way it sits.

I think for that price I'll pull it up to my cabin stick it in the corner of my pole barn and sit on for the next few yrs till I have time to put it back together.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:58 PM
Registered

If someone buys it and decides to part it out I need some parts off of it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.