First day of fall boating >

First day of fall boating

Notices
Formula

First day of fall boating

Old 10-22-2015, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

October weather has been very good to us so far, but that looks to end soon. Here are some pics from yesterday. Low 80's and beautiful out. Nice way to finish out the season.

It has been very dry lately so the leaf colors aren't as good as they could be.
Attached Thumbnails First day of fall boating-img_0089.jpg   First day of fall boating-img_0092.jpg   First day of fall boating-img_0093.jpg  

First day of fall boating-img_0094.jpg  
Old 10-22-2015, 11:03 AM
Registered

A sea plane landed and took off on the river.

Kim took the boat pic as I was pulling out of our slip. I think the reflection is pretty cool.
Attached Thumbnails First day of fall boating-img_0088.jpg   First day of fall boating-img_0095.jpg   First day of fall boating-img_0230.jpg  

Old 10-22-2015, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jersey has not been too Fall Boating Friendly as of yet. Either to chilly or too windy on the weekends. Yesterday and today were excellent if you dont have a M-F job. Hopefully this weekend I will get some cruising in.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

That part of the Missouri river looks much more boater friendly than the only part I've ever seen. That part would be in Jeff City heading to LOTO. Nice! Fall is normally my busiest and favorite part of the boating season. Unfortunately my boat went boom in mid-September.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
That part of the Missouri river looks much more boater friendly than the only part I've ever seen. That part would be in Jeff City heading to LOTO. Nice! Fall is normally my busiest and favorite part of the boating season. Unfortunately my boat went boom in mid-September.
Thanks. Sorry to hear about your boat. The pictures above are the Mississippi River above St. Louis. We keep our Formula at a marina on the Mississippi during the season.

You are right about the Missouri River. It is more muddy, has a much stiffer current and definitely not as 'scenic'. We live in Washington, MO which is right on the Missouri River, so we got a Ranger fish-and-ski to explore. This summer we took a 70 mile trip by boat to Jeff City and the pic below is the capital. The next pic is looking up the Osage River where it feeds into the Missouri. I could follow that all the way to LOTO, but it gets way too shallow in parts.

There are actually some nice, big beaches on the Missouri River and you definitely don't have to deal with crowds. The Ranger has a 150 HP Optimax and is a fun, practical little boat. How about over 6 mpg?! With the current of course.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]546820[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]546821[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]546822[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]546823[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails First day of fall boating-img_0001.jpg   First day of fall boating-img_0009.jpg   First day of fall boating-beach.jpg  

First day of fall boating-img_0008.jpg  

Last edited by 4mulafastech; 10-23-2015 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-04-2015, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boating in November in Jersey.

Old 11-11-2015, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
Thanks. Sorry to hear about your boat. The pictures above are the Mississippi River above St. Louis. We keep our Formula at a marina on the Mississippi during the season.

You are right about the Missouri River. It is more muddy, has a much stiffer current and definitely not as 'scenic'. We live in Washington, MO which is right on the Missouri River, so we got a Ranger fish-and-ski to explore. This summer we took a 70 mile trip by boat to Jeff City and the pic below is the capital. The next pic is looking up the Osage River where it feeds into the Missouri. I could follow that all the way to LOTO, but it gets way too shallow in parts.

There are actually some nice, big beaches on the Missouri River and you definitely don't have to deal with crowds. The Ranger has a 150 HP Optimax and is a fun, practical little boat. How about over 6 mpg?! With the current of course.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]546820[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]546821[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]546822[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]546823[/ATTACH]
I've been wanting to launch in Havana and run down to Alton for years. Then explore a bit of the Mississippi around St. Louis. If it looks like that, I need to make that trip happen. Well, assuming I get the boat running again over the winter.