Formula 242 LS Prop questions >

Formula 242 LS Prop questions

Notices
Formula

Formula 242 LS Prop questions

Old 07-06-2016, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run a labbed 21 4 blade and would never go back to a 3 blade on this hull. Slow out of the hole and cruise was terrible. Gained 2 mph having it labbed also. Im not bone stock but even when it was the 4 blade was much better.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I plan on dialing it in the next time I get home from work. I have the 23 mirage Plus I picked up and I will probably trade the 25 Mirage plus I have for a 22 4 blade Bravo 1. I always had pretty good luck with my 21 Mirage plus when it was the stock 454 magnum with GIL exhaust.. Did lots of skiing and tubing and it was perfect RPM wise. I used to see 60 on the gauge with the 21 WOT and all trimmed up. I jumped up another 150 HP with the rebuild but I went right to a 25 and it seems a bit much. The 23 I picked up should put me pretty close to where I want, and I will trade the 25 plus for something else in the right range. At least I will have a good spare with the mirage if I get a nice 4 blade as well.
I have 2 buddies one has a 22 4 blade,,,,the other a 24 , they will let me try them out so I can get dialed in. The 22 im guessing will be to little...but it dosnt hurt to try
I was a bit disappointed with the 25 at this point. I have only been out for 2 very quick runs however. A little bit more time and I will have it sorted