292 fast tec stepped hull >

292 fast tec stepped hull

Notices
Formula

292 fast tec stepped hull

Old 11-17-2015, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

My hydraulic steering was factory installed. I don't think it was necessarily on the options list, but if you asked they would install it. I also tried to get them to install K planes, but they would not do that, so had them installed a year later by a competent shop. In the rough water is when I can really tell a difference compared to the stock Bennetts. Much more control and easier to keep the boat flying level. Plus they move much faster which helps when having to make quick adjustments.

I believe the 377's needed premium fuel. I hope in the future there are several LS options when it comes time to repower.
Maybe drop in a couple of these!
http://bangshift.com/bangshift1320/s...ampaign=buffer
Attached Thumbnails 292 fast tec stepped hull-boat-driveway-004.jpg  

Last edited by 4mulafastech; 11-17-2015 at 12:57 PM. Reason: added link
Old 11-21-2015, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Splitdecision271
The blue 377 scorpion motors are an awesome package but your only going to find them in older models as Formula stopped offering that engine package a while ago. Not sure if it was because there were issues with the motors or they realized it was too much motor for the boat without k-planes and hydra steering which they didn't offer both options on the 292. So you'll either have to add them yourself or find someone who already did.
Mercury Racing stopped production in 2004 of the 377 Scorpion engines as far as I know. Not sure what year Formula stopped offering the Scorpion engine package, but I thought it was at the same time as Mecury Racing stopped the production.

I am pretty sure that Latham full external hydraulic steering came standard on the 292 Fastechs with the Scorpion engine option and was included in the price.

But no K planes, only standard Bennett trim tabs with the Scorpion engine package. .
Old 11-21-2015, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

377 scorpions require Premium Fuel
Old 11-23-2015, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phazar454Mag
Mercury Racing stopped production in 2004 of the 377 Scorpion engines as far as I know. Not sure what year Formula stopped offering the Scorpion engine package, but I thought it was at the same time as Mecury Racing stopped the production.

I am pretty sure that Latham full external hydraulic steering came standard on the 292 Fastechs with the Scorpion engine option and was included in the price.

But no K planes, only standard Bennett trim tabs with the Scorpion engine package. .
Your correct. The blue motors were a 30K option when they were available. Included in that price was the Hydra steering which was a 8K option. You still got the standard 12x12 bennetts, which I'm sorry just aren't enough. Especially with the 377 package. I only got 350s in my 292 and I ended up putting the larger 12x16 plates on and boy what a world of difference they made. My girl is completely wrong, size does matter...LOL

Last edited by Splitdecision271; 11-23-2015 at 08:00 AM.