Miami Show 2016

Notices
Formula

Miami Show 2016

Old 02-09-2016, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Miami Show 2016

Just booked our flights to attend the show opening on Thursday. FOONJ is heading to MIAMI. Looking to score some tix, anyone know a guy who knows a guy????
Old 02-16-2016, 09:48 AM
Registered

Well back from the Miami show. All I can really say is WOW! Might have turned me off completely from going to any NE show again. So much to see and do, it really was a great experience. 1 tent was the size of the AC show alone and that was just for boats 35 and under. If the boats on land weren't enough for us, walk outside and check out the inventory that was in the water. Having never been to the Miami show previously, I can really comment on the old format but I think they got a winner with this new location. If you missed it this year, start planning for next.

The Formula Owners of NJ crew had the privilege of meeting and chatting with the man who started it all for Formula, an icon in the boating industry, Mr. Vic Porter. It would have been an honor to just shake his hand, but for us to stand there and talk boating with the man was definitely a highlight in my life. As always, it was great to see and chat with Scott Porter at the shows. We also were introduced to a few other members of the Porter family. It was awesome to finally put some faces to the names we have been working with the past few years with some of our events. The FOONJ crew were also lucky enough to be given the opportunity to get to sea trial the new 350 CBR FX which was premiered at the Miami show. Also along for the ride were 3 members of the ILMOR crew, as they were still dialing in the 6.2L ILMOR power plant package which is being offered in the 350 CBR FX. The 6.2Ls from ILMOR were a very impressive package, great sound an feel in the boat. Definitely not lacking any HP as we got right up on top of the chop since it was blowing pretty good on Thursday afternoon. The ride wasn't the only impressive thing about this boat. It was a show stopper on the dock too. From the metallic blue imron on the hull, down to the hardwood flooring in the cabin, you see the FX design incorporated into everything on the boat. Going to the Miami show was a last minute decision for us but proved to be a wise one. Looking forward to the next show and hopefully seeing everyone we met in Miami again.

Last edited by Splitdecision271; 02-16-2016 at 09:52 AM.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the post. We have been thinking of making the trip in the future. Sounds like a great show. Boy I wish they would put those ILMOR 6.2's in a 292, but know it will never happen. They sure sounded good in that 353 video from last year.

For some reason the pics are not showing up.

Last edited by 4mulafastech; 02-16-2016 at 11:14 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nicely said Split. I do not know how many times I said "this is so awesome." Great time, show was fun but running down to the Keys after was cherry on top!

The Ilmor setup on the 350CBR FX was cool. I had the opportunity to use the Yanmar take on joystick control since this boat is outfitted with Yanmar drives. Very smooth and less clunky compared to Axius, crazy to think the vessel was still in it's testing stages more tuning will be done.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
Thanks for the post. We have been thinking of making the trip in the future. Sounds like a great show. Boy I wish they would put those ILMOR 6.2's in a 292, but know it will never happen. They sure sounded good in that 353 video from last year.

For some reason the pics are showing up.
I asked the same question about the ILMOR's in a 292 and was told "Will never happen" at least not from the factory.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Splitdecision271
I asked the same question about the ILMOR's in a 292 and was told "Will never happen" at least not from the factory.
Why ?????????
Old 02-17-2016, 07:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Monaco20
Why ?????????
Although Fastech's are a speed boat, speed is not what Formula's are all about. They aren't the fastest, they aren't the loudest out there. When was the last production boat from Formula you saw hit 100mph? That is just not what they do. Panic Attack put it the best, they are a gentlemen's speed boat. Also, if you have ever been in a 292, any speed above 70 gets a little squirrely and boat chine walks. The ILMOR 6.2s are putting out 400+ hp so they are looking to use them in place of 8.2s where possible. Big Block power in a small block package. ILMOR's sound is even different than the MERCs. Hard to describe, they almost have a slight whine to them, like there is a supercharger on them, but there isn't. They are also a beautiful motor cosmetically to look at as well. They engine was dressed in the same blue that matched the hull. The 350 CBR FX really had a nice flow to it.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The package that was in the CBR was great. Finally we have LS motors finding their way into Formulas!!!