Motion Hatch Lift

Notices
Formula

Motion Hatch Lift

Old 02-25-2016, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Motion Hatch Lift

So my hatch lift on my 292 started making a grinding noise last season when lifting and lowering the hatch. So I pulled the actuator out of the boat when I winterized. I took apart the motor and all looks good. I think the actuator and gears just need to be greased but I'm not sure how to take the actuator apart. Not bolts, screws, or zerks. Anyone have any ideas. Its a Motion Technologies unit. Model#73041-001.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:52 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a worm gear and probably won't be able to be repaired, mine went out in my 353 and made the same noise, I had to buy a new one, here's the info on the guy to talk to about this matter, called Acculift.

The info is in post #3, he knows his stuff.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/w...tor-parts.html
Old 02-25-2016, 07:08 PM
Registered

For what its worth i had great results with Danny at Acculift About 400 bucks had a new actuator sent to me.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:16 AM
Registered

i was able to get the actuator apart last night. From what I can see all components look in good working order. None of the gears look worn. The actuator was in need of grease, dry as a bone. Going to clean it up and put some new grease on her and see how she does before biting the bullet on a new one.

Last edited by Splitdecision271; 02-26-2016 at 07:24 AM.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:42 PM
Registered

New one is super quiet, I had it geared low, opens slow but really strong.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:06 AM
Registered

Well... I soaked everything in penetrating oil. Then regreased everything, reinstalled using some waterproof quick connectors and......still grinding. It is weird, only grinds when the weight of the hatch is applied. When I was testing it after putting everything back together it just hummed. So looking for a new one now, going to give Joey's guy a call probably.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:19 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Splitdecision271
Well... I soaked everything in penetrating oil. Then regreased everything, reinstalled using some waterproof quick connectors and......still grinding. It is weird, only grinds when the weight of the hatch is applied. When I was testing it after putting everything back together it just hummed. So looking for a new one now, going to give Joey's guy a call probably.
I did everything you did, it's a lost cause, he's a busy guy and sometimes is hard to get, but stick with him, he's knows his stuff, he's the man when it comes to these acculifts, he'll probably want you to ship him you're screwed up one, that way he'll be able to get you the exact perfect one for your boat, it's still tons cheaper than going through Formula.

Good luck.