Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
292 Fastech What to look for when buying? >

292 Fastech What to look for when buying?

Notices
Formula

292 Fastech What to look for when buying?

Old 03-20-2016, 12:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
Did your 292 have the Corsa Quick-and-Quiet Y-pipe and did that work with the Stainless Marine exhaust? I've been thinking of going with those manifolds. Any tips? Thanks.
Yes it had Captains Call, and was easy to install. It may have given the boat a little extra torque too? The OEM manifolds weighed 90-100 lbs per engine, stainless exhaust reduced weight about 160 lbs total.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:51 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I was just cruising power boat swap shop and saw a 312 with k planes. It appears they installed under water led pucks where the existing trim tab cylinder holes were above the k plane mounting plate. Seems easier than repairing gel, and would be a neat look at night. Thoughts?????
Old 03-22-2016, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbuttion
So I was just cruising power boat swap shop and saw a 312 with k planes. It appears they installed under water led pucks where the existing trim tab cylinder holes were above the k plane mounting plate. Seems easier than repairing gel, and would be a neat look at night. Thoughts?????
I don't have pictures of my 292 transom before K-Planes, but here is an example (google search) of a 292 with the dual ram Bennett's. The top of the cylinders are simply attached to the transom using lag screws, I believe. Maybe they were thru-bolted, I don't remember. Either way, you have six small holes to fill. A single LED would not be big enough, but I guess you could install two.
Attached Thumbnails 292 Fastech What to look for when buying?-292.jpg  
Old 03-23-2016, 07:01 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
I don't have pictures of my 292 transom before K-Planes, but here is an example (google search) of a 292 with the dual ram Bennett's. The top of the cylinders are simply attached to the transom using lag screws, I believe. Maybe they were thru-bolted, I don't remember. Either way, you have six small holes to fill. A single LED would not be big enough, but I guess you could install two.
I'm not so much worried about the screw holes, as I am there holes where the hydraulic lines run. There should be a 1/2" or 3/4" hole behind the top of each ram where the hydraulic lines run through the transom. I'd like to put one led in each hole to make it quick and easy.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:06 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Took delivery on my 292 fastech yesterday. Sea trialed in 25mph winds w/ 2' chop, boat jumped right up and rode great. I think I made the right choice with the little time I ran it. The back seat has some stitching pulling, so I'm going to try to get it recovered before the season hits. Other than that, I have 280s I plan to install in the coming weeks, drive showers, maybe do a stereo update, a good spring detail and she should be good to go!

Here are 2 pics I snapped yesterday.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3U...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3U...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by Gbuttion; 03-30-2016 at 09:12 AM.