292 SR-1 Shorties and Extension Boxes >

292 SR-1 Shorties and Extension Boxes

Notices
Formula

292 SR-1 Shorties and Extension Boxes

Old 06-30-2016, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't think that a BRAVO 4 blade is going to be the best prop for your boat.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
I don't think that a BRAVO 4 blade is going to be the best prop for your boat.
Soon we will see. If you would have told me prior to trying the Bravo that I would need a three blade prop I would have thought you were crazy. But 6% slip is going to be putting a lot of unneeded stress on the drive, and the Mirage will be faster anyway. I won't be able to test the Mirage props for a few weeks but I'm pretty sure they will get me in the ballpark so long as I can get on plane with them. However even with the bell cut completely off of the Bravo's I had zero issues getting on plane. So with that said, I'm pretty sure these will work fine.

Yes the X2 aspect does get old, but I have to also admit, not much sounds as nice as a pair of screaming BBC's.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:37 AM
Registered

Tried some stock 26 B1's. Gained a few hundred RPM's, and lost 2 mph. Looks like getting this dialed in is going to be a challenge.
Old 07-04-2016, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From my experience with the 336, 4 blades gave better mid range but loss at top end. 575 HP a side 27P mirage + best all around prop.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you fighting handling problems or just speed and slip? In the last week and a half. I have tried -2 shorty. Spaced shorty. Stock bravo and different depths on those also. Along with 24 and 26 stock and labbed B1s. Hydo P5X. A Bblades 26 prototype and a rev 4. Now back to Mirage plus 25 and 27ps. I'm fighting a handling problem. Bad enough you want to put the life jacket and helmet on. After all the tests. The mirage plus settled down the boat to where works great in most conditions. I gave up a little in planing only over all the others. And working tabs were very different with all. My 24* non stepped call it old school bull likes the old school 3 blade. It's many hours and gallons of drive fluid. But in the end it's worth the sweat to trying everything you can. Until the water changes again!
Old 07-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Registered

Handling is perfect! Absolutely rock solid and no issues at all at any speed. The boat hops on plane with no issues, I can cruise at 30 mph at 2000 rpms. My issue is super low prop slip and not enough rpms. I'll be back up on the 16th with the new props. It sounds like you guys really like the way the Mirage works on your boats. I really hope I get the same results. These will be 27 factory labbed Mirage Pluses. I'm hoping to gain about 5-600 rpms with them. If I do gain that, I'll be around 5400 rpms and I'll be completely happy with that. I'll report back in a few weeks.
Old 07-04-2016, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I got on the water today also - only about 7 minutes of run time. BUT the boat ran flawlessly.
I built a couple of ductboard temporary mufflers so that I could run it on the hose without pissing off my neighbors. They lasted about 5 minutes. The boat blew them apart at idle. I got my idle perfect. It idles very smooth ( for a 598 Cube , .74 inch lift cam ) It goes in and out of gear without killing.
Now that the boat has it's full interior, half tanks of fuel and 200 lbs of stereo system it was a lot more difficult getting on plane. But once on plane it liked the 28 Maximus prop.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The hydro P5X works real good. Just a little more lift than I wanted in the stern. Not as much as the bravos though
Old 07-04-2016, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by class6
The hydro P5X works real good. Just a little more lift than I wanted in the stern. Not as much as the bravos though
I would like to see these on that 292
Old 07-05-2016, 10:58 PM
Registered

I need to stand corrected on the what I said on the 26 Bravo's, because I was comparing the results to when I originally tested the boat without the engine hatch on. Today when I pulled the boat I wanted to see exactly what I was going to get with the boat on fumes. I was sad to see only 75 mph and 4600 rpms with the 30P bravos. So with the hatch cover on I lost 200 rpms and 5 mph, compared to my results with it off. Also with it off, it was 12 degrees warmer and I had 100 gallons of fuel on board. So in reality I'm sure I'm losing more, considering the boat had almost no gas in it today. I need to devise a way to get more air flow, and the traditional scoops will not be added. I think I'm going to replicate what Donzi is doing with their boats. Not only is level with the sun pad, I'm pretty sure it moves a fair amount of air.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.