"Chillin The Most" gets a make over - No longer Chillin

Notices
Formula

"Chillin The Most" gets a make over - No longer Chillin

Old 03-11-2016, 07:56 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As I mentioned before, I would have NEVER even considered a sale if I thought there were ANY issues. That is not me. The survey was, in my opinion, very complete. Remember, I Owned this boat for the better part of 9 years. I had been in and out of every inch and had never seen any signs of damage. Please Don't speculate that there was some kind of cover up or known willingness to deceive anybody here.

Me, slowing Down? Really Chris! Lol

Dave
Old 03-11-2016, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear of your troubles Chris. I guess this is why you couldn't make it to the FOONJ Rendezvous last year. We were wondering if something happened. You went from being 100% and excited about coming and then we didn't hear from you at all for awhile. Hopefully you'll have the 353 back by 4th of July for the 7th Annual Formula Owners of NJ Rendezvous.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I suppose if you were really keen or scared you could cut some exploration holes in the liner and have a look.
Or drill a smaller hole and use a small inspection camera.

I am installing Arnesons now so I had to trim some liner away from the inside of my 2000 - 382 for the inner brackets.
Happy to report I found lots of plexas that took hours to remove.

I wish you the best for the rebuild Chris.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 213 Likes on 110 Posts

Heard back from Formula yet ?

Good luck with the project, Iam sure the first time you take it out it will put a smile on your face and hopefully using the boat will make you forget the bs you went through.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by axapowell
As I mentioned before, I would have NEVER even considered a sale if I thought there were ANY issues. That is not me. The survey was, in my opinion, very complete. Remember, I Owned this boat for the better part of 9 years. I had been in and out of every inch and had never seen any signs of damage. Please Don't speculate that there was some kind of cover up or known willingness to deceive anybody here.

Dave

For those of you that have never met AXA (Dave), you have never met anyone more sincere, knowledgeable, caring, passionate and have the integrity of a Saint....(Maybe too much deep poop flowing now....lmao)...I am serious, Dave was nothing but hands on after the sale of this boat. He flew down to MD to be there for our first launching of the boat and covered every little detail with us. I know for fact that Dave has had sleepless nights for what happened to "Chillin". I am blessed to have such a great friend involved in this with me....(now just need to get him to pay for it....lol ) Just kidding BB.

Dave, you're not slowing down...you now are able to see more things in detail on the coastline as you are running your boat...

Chris
Old 03-11-2016, 04:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Chris,
Just read the thread. Sorry to hear what your going through. Sounds like Dave is a awesome guy, I feel bad for both of you. Hope you get everything resolved and have years of fun on the boat. Looking forward to seeing you on the Hudson again. Oh, Give Dave a fast ride when you get it back, it sounds like he needs one.
Jim
Old 03-11-2016, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by axapowell

Dave

Slowing down??? We all know that a rip at the big Two Seven will really get your rocks off.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 104 Likes on 68 Posts

As a new Formula Owner (< 4 years), I appreciate reading things like this more for the fact that it shows that most Formula Enthusiasts take pride in their boats and even though it has been a rough year and situation for you, it hasnt stopped you from pushing on to get things corrected the right way. Not all boat owners would take the steps that you did to fix this and that's what separates the owners from the enthuisasts in my book. I'm sorry to hear what happened and look forward to seeing your new boat! You'll have to do a victory run down to Cambridge this year, you will be met with cold beers.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Slowing down??? We all know that a rip at the big Two Seven will really get your rocks off.
until you've felt the rush of simultaneously mixing a drink, doing some vacuuming, and surfing the 'net at top speed- don't knock it!
Old 03-13-2016, 12:19 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
until you've felt the rush of simultaneously mixing a drink, doing some vacuuming, and surfing the 'net at top speed- don't knock it!
Exactly! I think he meant the BIG 37 going 27mph, although with a little prop tweaking, I think she might top out at a blistering 40! Lol

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.