Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Formula 353 with cracking engine bay liner and excessive stress cracks on bottom >

Formula 353 with cracking engine bay liner and excessive stress cracks on bottom

Notices
Formula

Formula 353 with cracking engine bay liner and excessive stress cracks on bottom

Old 09-08-2016, 01:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Congrats Jon. Look forward to seeing it finished. Hope you get her into the water before the big freeze comes.

Chris
Old 04-16-2017, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
For the depth sounder? If so no I did not. I think that is farther forward in the boat isn't it?
Found it .... under the steps in the cabin ..... no wonder it doesn't work over 90 ......
Old 04-16-2017, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pics?
Old 04-18-2017, 11:38 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Work has kept me buried. Very little time for the boat repairs. If you look at my bulkhead repair post then you will see the finished bottom.

Last edited by Audiofn; 04-19-2017 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:02 AM
Registered

Priorities!
Old 04-19-2017, 06:19 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSjS-iCPeW8
Old 04-19-2017, 06:33 PM
Registered

Ha ! .... no room to talk here .... seems there is always something that needs to be done other than anything that has to do with boating......m
Old 04-25-2017, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

I currently have my engines out of my 382 so im going to pop those plugs out and pray to God i dont have issues. I dont have any stress cracks that I have seen, so I am hopeful. Random question, I noticed the same thing about the aluminum hose/ cable holds that they are all corroded and I want to replace. What did you replace them with?
Old 04-26-2017, 12:46 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

You probably don't have to pull the plugs. If you do they may look ok. IMO the best way to look for the issue is to get under the boat and push up on the bottom. If it moves then look more. If it is solid and you have no hollow spots then you are good to go. You can tap around under there as well. On mine it was very obvious that I had the problem. Last thing to look for is stress cracks in bottom between the step and the back of the boat.

As far at the hose clamps just buy Stainless ones. I am getting them from a place that repairs fishing boats. West Marine also has them.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

You probably don't have to pull the plugs. If you do they may look ok. IMO the best way to look for the issue is to get under the boat and push up on the bottom. If it moves then look more. If it is solid and you have no hollow spots then you are good to go. You can tap around under there as well. On mine it was very obvious that I had the problem. Last thing to look for is stress cracks in bottom between the step and the back of the boat.

As far at the hose clamps just buy Stainless ones. I am getting them from a place that repairs fishing boats. West Marine also has them.
I was underneath pushing last night and did not notice anything unusual. Problem is, the boat is well supported on the myco right now so Im not sure how much I would be able to push, even if there was a problem. I have Yardarm boat jacks, I might jack the boat a few inches off the trailer and push on it then to see if anything flex's? Boat is a late 2005 so I am wondering at what point Formula realized there was a problem with their process. I love Formula's but if I were in the market for a brand new loaded up 382, it would be over $600k and I am not sure I would consider Formula an option at this point with this and the side rail issues and Formula's lack of care on both issues.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.