Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Formula 353 with cracking engine bay liner and excessive stress cracks on bottom >

Formula 353 with cracking engine bay liner and excessive stress cracks on bottom

Notices
Formula

Formula 353 with cracking engine bay liner and excessive stress cracks on bottom

Old 04-26-2017, 07:13 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You will need to get the boat up off the trailer. Not much but enough to take the load off. The tapping may work on the trailer but I doubt it. The stress cracks were a dead give away on my boat as well. If you have a hollow bottom and then a blob of Plexus you will get stress cracks around the plexus.

I honestly don't blame Formula for getting involved. I am bummed out about it because they are so helpful on so many other levels and they do try and help out with the rub rail issue now by offering the gun (around a 1000 dollar part) and the Plexus at a very decent price. I don't think you can ask for more then that. I wish they would have been more helpful on my and Chris's issues because they were not easy fixes like the rub rail seems to be. This is a VERY costly repair. Between all the labor and parts it is going to set you back around 15 grand or so unless you can do all the labor. Even at that you are looking at around 5 grand in parts or so. It is with out question a defect at the manufacturing level. I just hope that at this point they have taken care of this so that none of the new stuff can be like this. I do know that there are a lot of big name boat manufacturers that also use Plexus and they are following this thread and the others. Formula started using Plexus I think before anyone else in the high performance boat manufacturing side. I know of three boats that have had issues with the stringer system like mine. So if I look at how many boats were built and how many have reported the problems then I am not going to say this is a HUGE issue like the rub rails are. I would say if you are looking at earlier Fast Techs like mine is then it is well worth a very close look. Heck even if you have a newer one like you do then it is worth the look. Tap around find out everything is good and ease your concerns.