Removing Windshield on 382 FASTech

Notices
Formula

Removing Windshield on 382 FASTech

Old 04-19-2016, 04:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Windshield on 382 FASTech

I am going to attempt to remove the windshield on my 1997 382 in order to paint the dashboard. I think I saw a thread on this before but can't find it. Can anyone offer some pointers? I have the cuddy headliner out as I had to recover that as it was falling down. I am assuming that I can take it apart in sections and that I will be able to get at all the backing nuts with the headliner out. Thanks for any help I can get....
Old 04-19-2016, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

there are no nuts on the back side ..pull the rubber filler out of the bottom channel and remove the screws ...the first part to remove are the long sides toward back of boat ..the very last screw at the rear is the only screw with a nut on the bottom .slide the storage door open and toward the rear of boat there is a panel held in with screws 3or 4 then u can access the nut on bottom .,remove top cap where the long part meets curved part of windshield and lift it up all the parts slide apart .the 2 curved pieces also have a plate screwed on the top side and they slide apart as well ...you should be able to remove the entire windshield in an hour
Old 04-19-2016, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great, thanks! I thought it would be a bigger job. Hope to get it done this week....
Old 04-22-2016, 02:06 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would add: start removal from the rear as was said and work your way to the front. On re-installation start at the front and work your way to the rear. If this sequence is not followed the screw holes will not line up and you will be forced to follow the sequence or start drilling to force a fit.
I learned this the hard way.
Old 04-23-2016, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

Gasp. And Dont break anything $$$$$$$$$$$$!
Old 05-02-2016, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Also I would bolt it back on. You won't be able to get at all of them but bolt the ones you can. screws will come lose.