My boat came back to me

Notices
Formula

My boat came back to me

Old 06-02-2016, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My boat came back to me

Crazy story. Back in 1998, while I was living in Swansea, MA, I purchased a 1989 242 LS. I owned it for 3 years. While I owned it I added a number of upgrades. Put in a 502MPI, new transon assembly, Bravo, customized gauge panel, Seastar hydraulic helm, etc. After I was all done it was sweet. I sold the boat in 2001 to guy who lived up in Syracuse NY area as I was moving to Miami for a job. Since then I have moved to a few other cities for work and for the last several years I have been living in the Detroit, MI area. Last fall I was sitting at a playground with my kids in our town's marina and I looked over to the boats and saw a very similar 1989 242. I walked over to look at it and turns our it was the boat I previoulsy owned. After 15 years it magically appears in my home town. I got in touch with the owner and I just recently bought the boat back. Since I owned it in 2001 it has had 3 owners. I initially bought the boat from the original owner. Here's a pic. Needs a good cleaning but it has all of the equipment that I installed and other than needing a cleaning it is in excellent shape.
Attached Thumbnails My boat came back to me-img_1374.jpg  
Old 06-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Cool story, I look for my old boats on Craigslist once in a while
Old 06-02-2016, 11:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Back in Aus about 16-17 years ago I owned a 27' Sea Ray Pachange with twin 502's. Always loved it, great fun ride. It's back on the market now, still looks the same and the guy is asking just as much money as I got for it all those years ago! He has added those ridiculous dolphin fins on the cav plates if that will add value......?

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-fo...=0&pss=Premium

Yes, I have considered owning it again but, well, maybe, perhaps, if etc, etc.

RR
Old 06-03-2016, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool stuff. She's meant for you.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 69 Posts

That's awesome. I recently did that with my father's boat. I was curious one day last summer in typed in Distant Thunder Regal Velocity on Google and it was the first hit, a CL ad in Dallas, TX. I was beyond myself. My father sold the boat back in 1998 when we lived in Northern VA and someone along the way stuck a blown BBC in it. I called the owner and spoke with him for 2 hours about the boat because he was extremely curious about the history and then he tried to sell it to me for a good price since it was my fathers, however I had purchased my Formula already and didn't have the funds available. I wish I could have got her back into my possession. Hopefully she will resurface one day. I will get it back! Anyways, great find! Enjoy her!