Engine alarm

Notices
Formula

Engine alarm

Old 08-25-2016, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Engine alarm

I own a 2002 formula ss. having trouble w engine alarm under dash, rings even when key is off have to disconnect battery. looking for alarm diagram can any one help. No trouble with engine, sound like a short but need diagram to investigate.
Thanks
Old 08-25-2016, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With key off sure its not high water alarm? My 292 used to stick once in a while. You should not get any alarms with key off other than that.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:08 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Not to sound like a huge jerk and I know that you would like to get help about your issue BUT what in the hell do you have for a motor(s) and engine serial number(s) and is this a twin app or a single ? See Formula installed Volvo Penta as well from small blocks to big blocks and from Mercruiser small blocks to big blocks - even year model / engine serial number change can have huge differences in wiring set up along with ECM s or PCM s used even in 2002.

The more info you provide about your app and about the problem the better accurate help you can receive.

The other side of the coin is the less info you provide about your app and the less info provided about your problem(s) THE MORE INACCURATE the help will be for U and or less info about your problem.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:15 AM
BUP
Banned

Next thoughts as a possible of a alarm - the CO alarm going off and low battery will set that off as well. The CO alarm will will go off when a certain low voltage value is reached. Or the CO detector is defective.

Or its the fuel fume detector alarm. if applicable .

Last edited by BUP; 08-26-2016 at 01:18 AM.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:31 PM
Registered

Might be hard to imagine but mine was going off becasuse I was low on Blinker Fluid, found some on line topped it off and no more alarm. Here's where I got it.
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...TghmhKHmZCxRX3
Old 08-26-2016, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 58 Posts

fume detector.... press the mute button and if it stops,thats it.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:47 PM
Registered

I had the same problem with the fume detector. Everytime turned the battery switch on, the thing would go off. Hit the mute button and it quit. Replaced the sensor and problem solved. P.s. it is a SOB getting at it in the engine comparment if ou have a generater in the way.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:37 PM
Registered

The only Good answer was expensive date because that was the problem, not the bup guy that knows it all
Old 08-30-2016, 05:48 PM
BUP
Banned

^^^^^^^ Jeez so here is my take /// Post number 3 asked for proper info and POST number 4 gave good info for you. So correct me if I am wrong about all this ??? ^^^

One is thanks for the compliment

2 is your post says IN HUGE LETTERS " ENGINE ALARM " as it figures, someone can not understand the difference between an Engine alarm to any other alarms on his boat. I guess that's my fault.

3 read the owners manual you might learn something. if you do not have one, it is highly recommended so buy one and again you might learn something.

4 is you just learned that boats use different engine brands thru out with that said take that guess work out of the mix for others, who YOU need help from. Does that make sense to you ?

5 thanks for coming back up to tell everyone your problem you have with me especially for a an all time 2 poster. Good luck with boating. Did I mention buy an owners manual and read it twice?

6. The Blinker fluid helped you out I see so you were good with all that

Last edited by BUP; 08-30-2016 at 06:13 PM.