Transducers on Formulas

Notices
Formula

Transducers on Formulas

Old 12-02-2016, 06:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transducers on Formulas

Does anyone know where and what kind of transducer my 2002 370SS has for it's depth readings? I'm upgrading my electronics and will likely need a new, better one. I don't see anything on the hull bottom now that it's on blocks.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 58 Posts

its a puck in the bilge I believe.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Formula uses "shoot thru the hull models". I found the factory installed unit midships on our 353. It was in a void space below the steps into the cabin. I did an electronics upgrade also and mounted the new sensor in the engine compartment. Works fine.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

All three of my Formula's use the puck inside the hull that shoots through. I am doing updating and looking at a lot of different options which vary based on what kind of signal and how much resolution one wants on the screen. I like the four directional view but the transducer for that is different than one for a typical down shoot.
Most systems are available with both transom (exterior mount) mounted or shoot through styles since some do not want to cut a hole in the hull.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all your replys. After discussing in the Formula forum And seeing these posts mine must have the puck in the boat since its a stepped hull too. Do your Fastechs read depth well at speed?
Old 12-26-2016, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine reads good at times and not so good at times. I think my system has a problem in it due to the display not clear at times too. I'm not sure how much the steps might impact the signal or if the condition of my equipment is most of what I'm seeing? I know the steps cause my water pickup for the generator to air lock at about 35 mph so maybe this amount of aeration is a prob for the transducer?