89 242Ls in Mobile AL >

89 242Ls in Mobile AL

Notices
Formula

89 242Ls in Mobile AL

Old 06-23-2017, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the revo, 22 b1, mI rage 23+, and hydromotive 24. By far the revolution is the best hands down no debate. I belive if I could have it worked to a 22p it would be the best prop. The b1 I OK it lifts the boat well and definitely acts like a 4 blade should. Just doesn't handle turns as well as the revolution.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Registered

Been enjoying the boat almost every Saturday and sunday. This weekend went up to lake Martin but left the boat at home and used a friend's pontoon that stays up there. Kicked myself in the tail the whole time. It would have been nice to get it out there and catch some air with it. The week of separation gave me a good motivation to get out there this morning and try to further address the water in the cabin floor issue. I noticed 2 weeks ago while dripping anchor that my bow light was loose. The acres in the hull were tight but the light wasnt. Took him off and tightened the screws down with a little blue loctite. Installed back on hull with new silicone. Then removed the bow cleat and cleaned all old silicone off and replaced. Then replaced the thru hull drain for the sink. That white fitting in the black stripe looked goofy so I put in a black one with new silicone. Then made sure any place in the cabin was clean of any water. I hosed the thing down hard for about an hour and could find any water enetting anywhere. So fingers crossed it's fixed. Took some resolve, scrub brush, and shop vac to the carpet got it cleaned up. Then room some degreaser/bleach/water in a pump sprayer to the bilge. She looks nice and new again. I've been itching to do that and now I feel much better about it. Taking it over to pensacola this weekend for the blue angels show.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:20 PM
Registered

On another note. I have never had a boat that got a scum line as bad as this one. I have put 3 different waxes on the bottom and none seem to be working. Even ferecla. So I tried nano shock today. It says it continues to cure for 24 hours. Tomorrow evening I'll put another coat on. Has anyone used a product with success that males removing scum possible without using a hull cleaner?
Old 07-10-2017, 08:59 AM
Registered

The nano shock was a bust. Not nearly as "hydrophobic as advertised to be. Still got a scum line. Going to try a few more products. And report back with results.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,234 Likes on 688 Posts

For my 311 I use Bar Keeper's Friend spray to get the water line clean, and then I wash with Turtle Wax ICE Wash and Wax to build the wax back up. I'm able to get about four uses out of the boat before I need to treat with Bar Keeper's Friend. I boat in particularly tea-like water so staining can be a problem, but this method has worked really well.

Though a cheaper product, I wouldn't let the price deter you. I find that Turtle Wax's wash and wax really makes her shine nicely [without all the elbow grease]. I use about a quarter to half dollar-sized dollop on a wet boat brush, and apply to the deck/hull-sides (nice and sudsy). I do not mix it in a bucket... I find the mixture is diluted too much that way. During regular washes, the scum line comes off easily (my only "treatment" areas are at the mid-bow to just under the helm).

Hope this helps.

On another note I really enjoy your posts! Glad to see you're getting so much great use out of your 242!

Last edited by TomZ; 07-10-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:25 AM
Registered

I use a hull cleaner product made by s&n it litteraly dissolved the scum line is seconds. I use a meguires wash and wax that I have used for years on all my other boats and vehicles. It works well but I will certainly try your technique and suggested products.

We went to blue angels in it this weekend, then up the river Sunday to clean the salt out. I'm still loving it. If I can ever get the zero breeze a.c. that I ordered I will be doing over nighters much more. Just don't like the heat right now.

Thanks for your input and nice comments Tom! Any update from the new owner of your 242?
Old 07-10-2017, 10:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Haven't heard from him. He called once regarding trying to get the engine started, but I wasn't able to get back to him. I figured that since I had not heard from him again, that all was worked out. He's about 50 miles away from where I'm at.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:03 AM
Registered

Good deal, hopefully he's enjoying it. It was a fine one.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:42 PM
Registered

Thumbs down

As luck would have it, as soon as I get it all dialed in and doing great I kill it. I never run it hard for more than 30 seconds to a minute. But Saturday if had a few encouraging beverages and was headed home and ran it hard for about 2 to 3 mins. All was well, 64-65mph I was happy as could be until the temp gauge went from 150 to over 220 in litteraly less than 2 seconds. I throttle down and shut off. By then the oil pressure had dropped and it was knocking.

Work is killing me with overtime right now which is not good for having time to pull the engine and drive, but it is good for funding this event.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hunter,

Very sorry to hear... knocking lower end? Sounds like it cooked the oil in short order.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.