Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Thinking of buying a 382 fastech w/Arnesons, heard it sunk?? >

Thinking of buying a 382 fastech w/Arnesons, heard it sunk??

Notices
Formula

Thinking of buying a 382 fastech w/Arnesons, heard it sunk??

Old 01-18-2017, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

It's been a while so I'm sure any gremlins would have come out by now. If he's been using it and it's solid I say keep after it
Old 01-18-2017, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...sifieds-2.html
This is the thread I was thinking of
Old 01-18-2017, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd
It's been a while so I'm sure any gremlins would have come out by now. If he's been using it and it's solid I say keep after it
Yeah, the owner repowered, reupholstered, rewired and has been using it. He also has a recent survey. I guess I could have one done too. I'm just Leary of a boat with a sketchy past.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

You have to buy it right knowing you have the same hurdles to jump when you sell it. The boat is well known and as you can see, people have good memories. I understand your apprehension, look at other 382s and get a feel if this is what you want to own.

Last edited by VoodooRob; 01-18-2017 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:07 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Fresh or salt wet?

As long as the transom is dry, and the hull/deck joint is sound, I wouldn't been scared of it at the right price.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember seeing the pictures. The ones I saw just the rear of the boat was under water and not completely sunk. Water looked like it was to the rear of the front seats and the bow was beached . You need to find out if it was fresh water and get a good survey of the transom. The boat is composite except for the transom. Jeff wurl
Old 01-18-2017, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd
There was one that I believe the side cover to the arneson box fell off and took on quite a bit of water. But I thought it was a gray or silver color. I'll look there was a thread on here somewhere. Even if it did, if all systems are ok and its solid, not the end of the world if it got wet. Good luck
ya jd think that was in Newport about 6 years and it as caught in time
Old 01-19-2017, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

I know the owner and have been on the boat in the past year. Its a nice boat that hes put quite a bit of money into. He is a stand up guy.

John
Old 01-19-2017, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are those the original graphics from the factory? They look different somehow than I recall the OEM graphics looking for that paint. These seem to have tribal or razor wire edges to the paint lines, and the colors look a little different.

Not saying it looks bad, just different to me, and wondered if anyone else picked up on that.

BTW, what performance is expected from surface drives on a 382? Does the hull handle in any unusual way due to that?
Old 01-20-2017, 08:10 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked at it in person last year. the factory graphics were "enhanced" if you will, and then one side was touched up so it's actually slightly different from one side to the other. I talked to the owner several times and he definitely uses it, and I've seen it on the water a couple times. As previously stated, there was just too much history on it for me to be comfortable moving forward.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.