Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Post 1995 303 checkout report, please advise... >

Post 1995 303 checkout report, please advise...

Notices
Formula

Post 1995 303 checkout report, please advise...

Old 02-15-2017, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I responded on your other thread, but the mechanic saying that is total bs. I would think maybe a simple tune up, but those oil pressures send some red flags.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

I'd be concerned with fuel pressure regulation as well depending on what they've done.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will say that if you stabbed my stock 502 mag in my last fastech it would stumble. My current blower motors are even worse, as I imagine its due to the big fuel injectors. I would say a very very slight stumble (as in barely noticeable) is normal.

I would not trust the boat oil pressure gauges, as I have for the most part found them to be rather inaccurate. A mechanical gauge will tell you the truth about whats going on. My two motors show different pressures on the gauges and I just attribute it to the fact that electronic oil pressure gauges just aren't that great.

The PCV filters are how my current motors are set up, not sure what my last one had offhand. As far as pushing a little oil, might be normal, or the motor might have some serious blow by. I would agree that a compression test would tell you which is the case.

The water under the step is super common. So many guesses on what causes it. Both of mine did that. Read on here, tons of threads guessing what causes it.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by formula1
Thanks for the replies so far. It certainly seems like there have been alot of BS coming out of the dealership about this boat. The only thing that has been correct, is that cosmetically, it looks like a 2015 and the performance is spot on...

If they are fill of sh!t and you dont trust them, they are bullsh!tting for their benefit not yours and therefore can not be trusted. So why do buisness with them? It doesnt matter how shiny the boat is, if they cant be straight about whats under the shine.

Its like a hot blonde chick with big tits. sure it gets your attention and it would be fun for a ride, but would you marry her if everything points to her being bat sh!t crazy and you dont trust a word she says??

In either case, just be ready to lose your azz when it goes sour.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Yup, sounds like a cobbled up mess to me. Run, don't walk away.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phragle
If they are fill of sh!t and you dont trust them, they are bullsh!tting for their benefit not yours and therefore can not be trusted. So why do buisness with them? It doesnt matter how shiny the boat is, if they cant be straight about whats under the shine.

Its like a hot blonde chick with big tits. sure it gets your attention and it would be fun for a ride, but would you marry her if everything points to her being bat sh!t crazy and you dont trust a word she says??

In either case, just be ready to lose your azz when it goes sour.
So why you gotta make it personal? LMFAO

Never had the Gen 6 502 stumble unless the VST tank screen/filter was clogged up OR the ignition module was failing. FWIW.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

What's the asking or negotiated price?
Old 03-27-2017, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

whats the price? link to the add?

I have a 303 with 502's no stumble, buddy has a 303 454's, he does have to just touch the throttles on a start up or sometimes they "stumble" but if its running and he revs it, its fine, pvc's run into the bottom of flame arrestors, I'd want to dbl check the oil pressure gauges, mine will drop to 25/30 temporarily after a hard hard run, make sure you check under the step into cuddy, easy was to spot neglect,