Formula 303 / 312 for sale

Notices
Formula

Formula 303 / 312 for sale

Old 08-14-2017, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snowrunner
The 454 EFI was 94-96. In 1996-1998 they offered the Mag MPI's. EFI/MPI don't make it a MAG, the block typically does due to the beefed up lower end and rectangular ports of the intake. MPI and EFI are the same thing, a TBI is different (Throttle Body Injection).

EFI/MPI's should have 1 injector per cylinder. Any 454 that was MPI was a Mag, a 454 EFI may be questionable - run the serial numbers to confirm HP. The Mercury Part lists a 454 EFI with a 454 Mag Block and rectangular port intake - Making it a Mag as well.

Anything listed 7.4L or LX is not a mag.

Use the Mercury Parts Finder to confirm what you see, compare the key components:
https://public-mercurymarine.sysonli...=englangDB=eng
I'm sure we are saying the same thing, but all the 454 "EFI"'s I have seen said 454 LX on them. When I ran the serial numbers, they were 310 hp 454's with fuel injection. NOT 454 MAGS. The MAG motors were clearly identified on the plenum saying 454 MAG and the serial number/spec label showed a much higher top end rpm range.
The 454 efi had a 4200-4600 rpm range where the mag motors listed a much higher rpm range on the label (like 4600-5000 or something like that).
Old 08-15-2017, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, if it's an LX it's not a MAG. Mercury used the 7.4LX EFI or 7.4LX for the non Mags, as marked on the intake. If the Intake says 454 MPI/EFI it will be a MAG (unless the owner played games).

The original post said 454 EFI, I totally agree being that it's an LX.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:47 PM
Registered

Well, the boat search stalled with the coming and passing of Irma. All is well though. No 23+ foot storm surge, rather 2' surge (fake media). Re-starting the search for a nice Formula 30+ go-fast. Bought a newer truck to handle the fetching of the future new found Formula. So, be gentle, lol!

Last edited by formula1; 09-18-2017 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

there are some choices on ebay
Old 09-26-2017, 07:22 PM
Registered

Still looking. My experience so far is that there are alot of sellers out there that have high expectations and act like they don't care if their boat sells or not. The boats that are priced right or that have realistic sellers, negotiate and make deals happen. Once in a while, you can catch a really good deal, but I gave up on that way before this point. Everything I have been looking at falls into the first group of sellers that I mentioned. Being way down here in Florida, by the time I find a really good deal, someone closer has scooped it up. Not complaining, just sayin'. So, still surfing CL etc wading through all the scraps (and there is alot!). Hopefully, something will show up that gets me excited. Pm'd CBLAKE on his 336. .
Old 09-26-2017, 07:33 PM
Registered

I just re-read my post. Sounds a little whiny. But, today was a perfect example of what I was trying to say. There is a 1995 303 in Tampa. Its been for sale on this site, boat trader, yachtworld, CL etc for TWO YEARS!!! I went to look at the boat the end of May or
beginning of June this year just to see what it was about (since I got tired of looking past it). First, it's not a Mag boat like he is advertising. Second, after looking it over and taking a quick run, we couldn't quite get to terms. He "threatened" to put it on eBay and his
friend said it would sell for all the money and more. Well, first eBay run, $17k. Second eBay run $22k and he was asking $25. Of course, the second eBay one falls through. Probably, because they saw the boat and found that the headliner was starting to come down
and the motors were not mag motors. Now, almost four months later, the same ad crafted two years ago pops up on CL. So, I called him. Nothing has changed. Same price. Now all the work he has claimed to have done is two years older and its not 4 years in saltwater
its 6 lol. He said to make an offer. I'll see. The paint/gel coat was faded almost four months ago, so, I'm sure its.worse. I asked why he didn't take my offer along time ago and he could have invested the $$ or done something else with all that $$ over the last two years.
Still sounds like a stalemate. But this is the source of my frustration.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:35 PM
Registered

Maybe I should start looking for boat sellers instead of boats for sale, lol.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by formula1
I just re-read my post. Sounds a little whiny. But, today was a perfect example of what I was trying to say. There is a 1995 303 in Tampa. Its been for sale on this site, boat trader, yachtworld, CL etc for TWO YEARS!!! I went to look at the boat the end of May or
beginning of June this year just to see what it was about (since I got tired of looking past it). First, it's not a Mag boat like he is advertising. Second, after looking it over and taking a quick run, we couldn't quite get to terms. He "threatened" to put it on eBay and his
friend said it would sell for all the money and more. Well, first eBay run, $17k. Second eBay run $22k and he was asking $25. Of course, the second eBay one falls through. Probably, because they saw the boat and found that the headliner was starting to come down
and the motors were not mag motors. Now, almost four months later, the same ad crafted two years ago pops up on CL. So, I called him. Nothing has changed. Same price. Now all the work he has claimed to have done is two years older and its not 4 years in saltwater
its 6 lol. He said to make an offer. I'll see. The paint/gel coat was faded almost four months ago, so, I'm sure its.worse. I asked why he didn't take my offer along time ago and he could have invested the $$ or done something else with all that $$ over the last two years.
Still sounds like a stalemate. But this is the source of my frustration.
man I'm not trying to call you out here, but sounds like to me youre expecting a whole lot of boat for not very much money. These are OLD boats now. Even the 312 fastechs are "old." They are all going to need some attention somewhere and the ones that are in tip top totally restored, needs nothing are every bit of 50k and rightfully so. Just trying to manage expectations with dollars. You are right that most sellers don't care if their boat sells or not, because boats will always be a luxury good, not a necessary good. You don't own a boat unless you have extra disposable income. So they can sit on them for years until they sale. I think you are best off finding an honest deal on a decent boat and fixing whatever quirks are going to pop up with 20 year old boat. Now I'm not saying go out and buy a turd box, but a solid 20kish 303 or 336 and know you'll have to put in another 5-7 to get it up to your standards. Its also been my experience that if you spend more up front and buy a really nice example, you tend to get your money back when you sell it.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:02 AM
Registered

Is this the 303 you are talking about? And you are right, this one has been for sale forever.

https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/boa...291322565.html
Old 09-27-2017, 07:05 AM
Registered

Have you seen this Kevlar 382 for 31?

https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/...238986284.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.