1995 Formula 303 pics and videos finally >

1995 Formula 303 pics and videos finally

Notices
Formula

1995 Formula 303 pics and videos finally

Old 03-30-2017, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just keep looking. Good boats are out there. Be patient.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 58 Posts

Brokers are full of ship! All I heard was Captain maintained and immaculately kept. Then I got to the marina and the dipstick would come out dry or the plug was in the bilge drain and the battery switch was on. I would test run that thing and pin it till one of those time bombs pops and hand that broker the keys. Sorry you're getting the run around, I've been there man
Old 03-30-2017, 10:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ph1971
Brokers are full of ship! All I heard was Captain maintained and immaculately kept. Then I got to the marina and the dipstick would come out dry or the plug was in the bilge drain and the battery switch was on. I would test run that thing and pin it till one of those time bombs pops and hand that broker the keys. Sorry you're getting the run around, I've been there man
Maybe, it's time to report these lyin' punks to the state! It's amazing the qualifications needed to get a broker's license, but, it's almost impossible for a regular, ethical person to get a broker's license from the state following their guidelines/rules.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The water under the step doesn't bother me. I've 2 fastechs and both had that. I'm pretty confident it leaked between the windshield and the deck, as the water in it was always really clean and I would notice more water after I washed the boat. A lot of formulas have that "problem" and I don't see it as an actual problem.

However, that low of oil pressure on cold start up is a 100% no go for me. I would want to see around 40 at idle cold. I think I would be a hard pass on that one unless they came off some serious coin. Just because a motor is new, doesn't mean its right.

Edit: and I bet the additional fuel pump was to help with vapor lock being that its a florida boat. I bet that is a problem down here more so than other places.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by racinfast002
The water under the step doesn't bother me. I've 2 fastechs and both had that. I'm pretty confident it leaked between the windshield and the deck, as the water in it was always really clean and I would notice more water after I washed the boat. A lot of formulas have that "problem" and I don't see it as an actual problem.

However, that low of oil pressure on cold start up is a 100% no go for me. I would want to see around 40 at idle cold. I think I would be a hard pass on that one unless they came off some serious coin. Just because a motor is new, doesn't mean its right.

Edit: and I bet the additional fuel pump was to help with vapor lock being that its a florida boat. I bet that is a problem down here more so than other places.

I saw a Florida Formula sell as new engine. Come to find out it was a cheap box rebiild with journals under turned at .010 and mains at .020. Yea new, right, new junk.
This engine may have been worked on the same way and has internal probs big time.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by aquaforce
I saw a Florida Formula sell as new engine. Come to find out it was a cheap box rebiild with journals under turned at .010 and mains at .020. Yea new, right, new junk.
This engine may have been worked on the same way and has internal probs big time.
Well, buyer be ware. I figured I would post the info here so that any other "serious" buyers would find there way to this thread. I really like the boat but I'm sure there ain't much negotiating. They offered me a 30 day warranty, but
I am not sure it is worthy of the paper it is written on. Last I heard, the 30 day warranty, the boat would have had to be towed 3.5hrs over to Stuart (their shop) for the work to be performed. Hey, wasn't your shop the one that did all this crazy
work in the first place?
Old 04-02-2017, 09:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Run and never look back....
Old 04-03-2017, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

water under step is common, somebody didnt check that at one point, that breather has either never been cleaned, I mean never, or its def pushing some major oil, they all tend to blow bye a little but that seems like more then a little,