1987 SR1 - Imron Paint Colors

Notices
Formula

1987 SR1 - Imron Paint Colors

Old 04-06-2020, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 1987 SR1 - Imron Paint Colors

I've been searching and searching trying to find the paint codes for my 272 so I can get some touch-up paint and I haven't had much luck. It also doesn't help that it seems my color combination is a bit more uncommon than some of the others. I've emailed Formula and they were quick to respond and overall very helpful but the names of the colors and the paint codes they sent me don't seem to match up to something that is useful for the local distributors of Imron. Below is a picture of my boat with the names that were given to me by Formula.

Has anyone been able to purchase matching Imron for this color scheme recently that might be able to post the codes that they used?Any help is greatly appreciated. Trying to fix a few scratches and possible re-spray the black stripe on the deck since since the paint is starting to get real thin from all of the years of buffing.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice looking ride
Old 04-06-2020, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 58 Posts

Unfortunately those old codes don’t mean anything to the paint shops anymore. I went through this trying to match my old codes on my 1990 boat. I wound up towing the boat down to the paint supply store and having each color scanned with their fancy scanner. It works incredibly well. They take several samples from different parts of the boat and blend an average. Good luck and nice boat.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 410 Likes on 243 Posts

Take the boat to a paint supplier like Orielly or someone else. They should have a paint color gun that they lay on the color and then the gun gives them a formula.. No pun intended. I have a teal colored stripe that was damaged by a moron who wanted to tie up but was in a hurry and had no insurance. Color matched perfectly
Old 04-07-2020, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Scan it X3
Old 04-07-2020, 07:33 PM
Registered

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Even if I would have been able to order it based on the codes I'm sure the better approach is to get the colors scanned for a better match. The boat is over 30 years old so I'm sure it has faded some in that time.

Now onto the next project. Replacing the bilge pump which you can't even see. Hoping I don't have to pull a motor just to get to it..
Old 04-07-2020, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

Do you have the Jabsco behind the starboard battery? It is not mounted in the bottom of the bilge but rather on an elevated ledge somewhere with a hose to the bilge.. It has a distinctive sound to it rather than the silence of a Rule pump.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GLENAMY 242SS
Do you have the Jabsco behind the starboard battery? It is not mounted in the bottom of the bilge but rather on an elevated ledge somewhere with a hose to the bilge.. It has a distinctive sound to it rather than the silence of a Rule pump.
Well it doesn't appear that I'm going to be that lucky. I just went out to the shop and had a look and i don't have the Jabsco pump. I was able to reach down and snap a picture under the middle stringer and I have a Lovett 1200 mounted in the bottom of the bilge. Not sure if it's factory but based on how the wiring is ran and the pad on the bottom it sure looks factory to me. Not sure how in the hell I'm going to get to it at this point. I might need to pull the inner exhaust manifolds off to make a bit of room.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Mount one somewhere else with a hose going to the bottom of the boat. Just a thought, good luck
Old 04-08-2020, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 305 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by JimNut
Well it doesn't appear that I'm going to be that lucky. I just went out to the shop and had a look and i don't have the Jabsco pump. I was able to reach down and snap a picture under the middle stringer and I have a Lovett 1200 mounted in the bottom of the bilge. Not sure if it's factory but based on how the wiring is ran and the pad on the bottom it sure looks factory to me. Not sure how in the hell I'm going to get to it at this point. I might need to pull the inner exhaust manifolds off to make a bit of room.
I have the same bilge pump on an F311 sr1. I found a popped circuit breaker that interfered with the float switch activation. It was on the panel under the folding bench in the back. Good luck as for sure that bilge pump replacement looks like a bear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.