Notices
Formula

Smoke on the water Poker Run

Old 02-23-2003, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smoke on the water Poker Run

Hi All - First post, long time JAFO.

Any of you Formula people planning to participate in the Smoke on the Water Poker Run in Grand Haven, Michigan in early June? Wife and I are planning our third trip to this awesome event.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:45 PM
Registered

i don't participate, but watch from holland and Grand Haven
where do you boat/live?

Rambunctious
88 272 SR1
Old 02-23-2003, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome Wrinkleface.

Rambunctious,
I plan on running across the pond to check the action out, can't quite come up with the bucks for the run. Were is a good place to get a slip, if there are any left? It would be cool to catch up with another 272.

89' 272 SR1 454's
Old 02-24-2003, 07:53 AM
Registered

Grand Haven is the center of it all. I'm not sure if the entrants get the entire marina reserved or if some are available. that
would be THE best place to be.

if you want you can tie to the seawall in Grand Haven for free with the other 50 or so boats. its a little noisier at 2:00am than your own slip. but right in the action of the cars/bikes/boats/people.

there is another marina, North Shore, right across the river from the municipal. don't know their fees. I'll do some checking, waterfoul will know. he practically lives in grand haven marina in the summer.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:57 AM
Registered

How is the seawall if the lake churns up? sucks to bounce off a wall all night. Slip would be much better. Do you have any phone numbers for the marinas would like to res now.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:57 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

SR1, don't count on the wall. I've been thrown off it at 3 am, 4 am, etc.... countless times. It's no fun when a storm blows in at night. There is a beach across the river, good place if nothing else presents itself.

As for marinas, I don't care for North Shore, wrong side of the river for my tastes. But you can call them if you want, you can always tie up to the wall for a while, enjoy town, and then leave to your slip later....hint here....tie up on the outside.....they allow 4 boats out from the wall....if your on the inside it can be hard to get free. You can call them at: http://www.northshoremarina.com/ 616-842-1488

If you want to stay up river a little ways, in Sprink Lake, which will be out of the crowds, try Keenan Marina at http://www.keenanmarina.com/dockage.htm 616-846-3830. They have really nice facilities here, and I know quite a few people who keep their boats here and really like it. Lots of floating docks here.

Then there is Grand Isle. They are the top marina in the area, also the most expensive. and I've noticed their docks are not real friendly to smaller offshrore boats (tall docks). None are floating. http://www.grandislemarina.com/resv.htm 616-842-9330.

You can also take your chances at the Municapal marina in town. I like staying here, but most, if not all the slips will be taken up by participants. And it is a first come, first serve marina (they do take reservations for 10 slips each weekend, but they are REALLY hard to get).

I hope this helps you, and anyone else heading up to Grand Haven. I will be there that weekend, sleeping on my boat wherever I can find a spot!! LOL!!!

Mike

Feel free to cut and past this information to any other thread.
Old 02-24-2003, 06:45 PM
Registered

Rambunctious,

Generally boat out of the Charlevoix area and try to pay the bills from Fenton, just south of Flint. I know a 382 owner with a custom paint job from your neck of the woods, has a T-bird on the deck. Know the boat??
Old 02-25-2003, 06:30 AM
Registered

If you are taking about Rick D, yea
beautiful - and fast boat - Special made Kevlar Hull

I called him last weekend to see if he had info on any Kaamas.
his wife called and said he couldn't talk right now. had a little mishap and his jaw was wired shut!!!?????

i guess i need to either email or she will have to interpret

If anyone knows a formula around to be had. it will be Rick

I THINK WE SHOULD HAVE OUR OWN LITTLE FORMULA RONDEVUE AT THE SMOKE!!

WHAT A YA THINK?

And thanks Waterfoul mikemike. I knew you'd come through

Last edited by Rambunctious; 02-25-2003 at 06:33 AM.
Old 02-25-2003, 06:47 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Originally posted by Rambunctious

And thanks Waterfoul mikemike. I knew you'd come through
No problemo.

MikeMike

Tell the little ones I said hi.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:01 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

the guys I run with call the wall in GH the Cheese Grater.....stay in Muskegon my .02

Quick Reply: Smoke on the water Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.