What is the fastest 272SR1 >

What is the fastest 272SR1

Notices
Formula

What is the fastest 272SR1

Old 04-16-2004, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mopower, it should run with those motors. What sort of drives and lowers are you running? I am running XR uppers with IMCO 2" shorter lowers.

Even with the 30 Bravos this thing accellerates like crazy, I can go from 25 to 90mph within a marked quarter mile.

I am confident I can reach 100 mph if I put on some decent exhaust and the right size carb for my application. I am pretty sure I would realize about 100-150hp each with these changes.

By the way it is still a family boat and runs strictly pump gas, no race fuel even in the poker run.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:33 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Originally posted by CayFomula
Mopower, it should run with those motors. What sort of drives and lowers are you running? .
Good ol' Bravos period . I'll be happy with 85. The biggest part of the time I usually cruise 45/50 mph.

And yes , I do have a spare drive in the garage .
Old 04-16-2004, 07:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That has to be a white knuckle ride, i had a 272 and it was a handful in snotty water!!!
Old 04-20-2004, 12:12 AM
Registered

Wow 93 I wonder if Formula ever thought this hull would see that kind of speed? Kind of doubt it with the big hooks in the hull. Nam Cay that is awsome
Old 04-20-2004, 12:18 AM
Registered

Hey Mo

how's that 540 project going all dialed in yet?
Old 04-20-2004, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Big hooks in the hull???

I never noticed any hook on my 272. I know my 357 doesn't have a hook because I checked after some improper storage on the trailer. Did the 272s have an engineered hook in the hull?
Old 04-20-2004, 07:49 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Russ SR1,
No , not yet. Was out last Sunday for the first time and had a K-Plane that wouldn't retract all the way
. Fixed that Saturday night. Went again Sunday and backed it off the trailer and found out I couldn't get the left drive out of reverse . Nothing serious...an easy fix...took all of ten minutes...AFTER I got the part today .
The plastic cable end that holds the sheath broke.

bford1,
My 272 has a hook in the last foot between the outside strake and the chine. It's very obvious , as the 2 inch strake disappears into the bottom. Just put a straight edge on it and you can see were the hook is
Old 03-26-2008, 07:27 AM
Registered

I hit a new top speed of 97mph this weekend in the annual poker run/race before I broke a drive. This was with two people and a full tank of gas, still running the same props, drives and motors however I have upgraded the exhaust to the Stainless Marine Gen III exhaust with dry tailpipes and bigger carbs. I have also gone through the hull complelely (replacing stringers and bulkheads, adding two small stringer under the engines and glassing the hull and deck together), repainted the hull.

I am convinced she would have hit 100mph this weekend if the drive had held up till we burn off some fuel.

The best part is we still won the race with one motor, we were able to maintain 60mph on the one and all of the other real fast boats broke so with the lead we had we still won.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CayFomula
I hit a new top speed of 97mph this weekend in the annual poker run/race before I broke a drive. This was with two people and a full tank of gas, still running the same props, drives and motors however I have upgraded the exhaust to the Stainless Marine Gen III exhaust with dry tailpipes and bigger carbs. I have also gone through the hull complelely (replacing stringers and bulkheads, adding two small stringer under the engines and glassing the hull and deck together), repainted the hull.

I am convinced she would have hit 100mph this weekend if the drive had held up till we burn off some fuel.

The best part is we still won the race with one motor, we were able to maintain 60mph on the one and all of the other real fast boats broke so with the lead we had we still won.
\]
wow is all I can say, Ive always thought the 272 handled well am I missing something
formuladude312?
Old 03-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CayFomula

UNBELIEVABLE. You are the man Cay!!!! That is running for a 272

Quick Reply: What is the fastest 272SR1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.