Bravo one Gimbal Bearing help >

Bravo one Gimbal Bearing help

Notices
Formula

Bravo one Gimbal Bearing help

Old 04-19-2004, 01:46 PM
Bankshot242LS

Cool Bravo one Gimbal Bearing help

I need some advice, and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. before I start this work. I had my bird (242LS) out most of the weekend. On lake Mich. And my drive is making noise( bravo 1) when I turn to the left or the right but goes away when straight. So I think it is the Gimbel bearing. I pulled the drive and the u joints looked good and where replaced by the other owner. But on the yoke where the o rings go there is wear to the point that it looks like there is copper under the chrome. And in the bearing itself inside has colored marks in lines like the shaft has to much clearance. Is there anything else I should replace when I change the bearing or any tricks on doing this. Any advice would be great as I only did this once on a smaller boat along time ago.
Thanks
Mike

Old 04-23-2004, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would check your coupler and engine alignment, also check your u-joints ... it sounds like it could be a problem there, too.