Cops on TV >

Cops on TV

Notices
Formula

Cops on TV

Old 04-28-2004, 06:53 AM
bowtie89

Default Cops on TV

I was just watching the show on television Cops! and it was one where they were on the water, the police were using a late 80's formula maybe a 272! I was like holy crap look at that I couldn't believe it. I didn't know where it was, but I didn't know the police used formula boats! just thought I would share this info!!!

Old 04-28-2004, 08:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm surprised too.
Maybe it was confiscated from a drug dealer. That kind of stuff goes on down here all the time.
I was driving the Fl. Turnpike once when a state trooper drove past in a Corvette all painted up in state police colors and a light bar on the roof. Found it was just like I said, was confiscated in a drug raid. A lot of the undercover police cars/trucks are aquired the same way.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The police in western New York have been using a 272 Formula for the last 15 years. Maybe that's the one you saw!
Old 04-29-2004, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Troutly
I use Formula boats....now, if I could just figure out a way to get the state to pay for gas!
Install one of those latest big honkin "light racks" right across the front of the bow complete with three or four sirens and those other god-awful noise makers, plaster a big STATE COP plastered across the hull sides and the back, and maybe "you've got a case". Nice pun, huh? Russ
Old 05-01-2004, 07:43 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Troutly, make the State a deal....you pay for gas, they pick up the monthly payments
Old 05-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Troutly
I use Formula boats....now, if I could just figure out a way to get the state to pay for gas!
Ya know Troutly,
Not to change the subject but, I'm pretty much a mild kinda paint job guy. I like traditional paint that accents a boats lines.

But I gotta tell ya, every time a see a picture of your boat, that paint job just makes me keep looking at it. That is one of (if not thee) best paint schemes Formula ever came up with. I think its called "Lightening", right?

Anyway, just taking the time to tell you I really like the looks of your Bird. If I could afford a newer one, I'd be trying to copy you .

Dave
Old 05-01-2004, 06:55 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Troutly's graphics are called "Storm",and I agree,one of the prettiest Formulas ever. I like it so much we have his boat on our T-shirts. Only difference is Scott Porter was driving when the photo was taken
Old 05-02-2004, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

what year is that ?