Mopower in Vt

Notices
Formula

Mopower in Vt

Old 07-24-2004, 06:13 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Mopower in Vt

MO, when will you be getting into VT. late fri. After a nice long drive you will need something to drink. Are you traveling with any other board members?

mark
Old 07-24-2004, 05:25 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Mopower in Vt

Well Mark, My plans are all screwed up. First off , we were going to Winnipesaukee this week then hit Champlain next weekend on the way home , but I couldn't get off this week . Plan "B" was go to Champlain then Winnipesaukee the following week...but my wife couldn't get off that week . Plan "C" is I drive up friday with somebody( I've asked a few people) and back home sunday , then we go to Winnipesaukee the third week of August which we both can get off . So instead of making a 1000 mile loop I get to make two 800 mile trips .
I have reservs. at PBB and I guess launch at Peru. Toolman pm'd me about going up together (he's about an hour north of me) but I haven't heard any more. I plan on leaving here (S. Jersey) around 8am and arrive up there about 4/4:30. I'm flexible on the time , but any earlier and I'll run into rush hour traffic unless I really get crazy and leave 4 or 5 am.
Oh yeah....plan "D" heavy rains in the weekend forcast friday morning and scrap the whole thing Possible shower....yeah , I guess I'll go. I do have a full enclosure. I'll have to take a picture for cuda

Seeya up there.

Cal (mopower)

Last edited by mopower; 07-25-2004 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:47 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

How about it Toolman????
Old 07-25-2004, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mo,

Check you PM box. I just got back from watching the Outlaw Sprints this weekend. Nothing like 850+ HP in a 1200 lb. car. WOW! Whicked fast!

Anyway, weather permitting I would like to leave friday morning around 6am. I use RT 287 north all the way to the NY thruway, unless that time seems crazy to you with morning rush traffic. I like to leave early, but that's just me.

NJ turnpike is always bad heading north between 6-9am. If I were you, take the turnpike to exit 10, then 287 north from there.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:27 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Let me check a map. Is 287 the GSP. The GSP is at exit 10 of the NJTP if I remember correctly.Still gonna run into the morning rush on the Parkway aren't you?
Old 07-26-2004, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

287 is NOT the parkway. 287 runs from turnpike exit 10 north to somerville then north to the NY thruway. Not as direct as the NJ turnpike, but not as much traffic either.

I'm going to keep checking the weather forecast this week for up north. If it looks like rain on sat., I'm not going up.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:17 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by toolman
I'm going to keep checking the weather forecast this week for up north. If it looks like rain on sat., I'm not going up.
I don't blame you , I really don't feel like driving 409 miles(MapQuest) each way to have a drink or seven
As of right now , fri and sat look good , partly cloudy and low 80s. Sunday cloudy with a chance of showers , but who cares , it's over by then .
Old 07-31-2004, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Mo, Fri, was beautiful up on the lake me ran to the turtle in solid 3 footers, nice air. This morning we woke to a very stiff wind a solid 15-20 mph lots of 4 plus footers yes even a few 6`s, not perfect for a 242 but we had fun untll the ran came. Off the lake by 2 home by7.

Yes, a very long trip if weather is bad.
Attached Thumbnails Mopower in Vt-picture-108-large-.jpg  
Old 08-02-2004, 04:23 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Masi,
Water looks nice in the picture .
Well , I finally called a good one. I figured if I didn't go it would turn out beautiful. I was out all day saturday here at home...breezy but not that bad. By the sound of it , it would have been a little crazy for my 272 also. I was looking forward to meeting a bunch of you guys