a few 1989 updating questions >

a few 1989 updating questions

Notices
Formula

a few 1989 updating questions

Old 01-03-2005, 10:09 AM
ElDiablo206

Default a few 1989 updating questions

Hey I have a 1989 206 that I am updating a little this spring I will be replacing the rubrail to a white one and painting the vents white...my questions are which rubrail design did you that have done this used? and also what color white and from where did you get the paint to spray the vents? I have seen some that look very nice..how hard is it to match the white? thanks for your help I am very serious about this and would like to buy very soon thanks
Harry

Old 01-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: a few 1989 updating questions

You can check out Fred at Trick marine. He has some *****ing vents that come in colors. For the rubrail you can probably get them from Formula and get the ones that go on the Fast techs. They come in colors. You can also go to Taco for rub rails but I think that the Formula ones are a better choice as they are metal not blastic.

Jon
Old 01-06-2005, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I decided to repaint the triangle-shaped vents because nothing else was available. The vents ate rear of the engine compartment on each side are ones I got at West Marine--they had white, chrome and black and they only required minor trim with Dremel tool on back for fit. Even the screw holes lined up--

Poorsche
Old 01-06-2005, 07:02 AM
ElDiablo206

Thanks alot...What paint did you use to paint the front triangular ones...and what color? How did it look?
Thanks again
Harry

Old 01-06-2005, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll have to take some pictures this weekend and you can see what you think. I think they came out fine. We used Imron because we were painting the entire boat at that time. I painted them black--if I had it to do over I'd have painted them yellow or white.

The vents at rear of engine compartment in attached pic are chrome--I've since replace them with white ones because the cheap chrome over plastic pitted badly from the salt-water--again from West ($15.00 each).

I'll get you close up over weekend.

Poorsche
Attached Thumbnails a few 1989 updating questions-vents.jpg