Cuda Count is Over....(after 379 days) >

Cuda Count is Over....(after 379 days)

Notices
Formula

Cuda Count is Over....(after 379 days)

Old 01-16-2005, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cuda Count is Over....(after 379 days)

Let the trumpets trumpet, let the drums beat, let the cannons shoot, the Cuda Count is officially over. At 2:35 pm, Outlaw idled away from the dock at the Nokomis boat ramp.

I brought the digital camera but the memory stick got left in the computer where Deb was downloading some pix this morning (I think she sabatoged me). So you'll have to take my word for it. But it was on the water. Here's the rundown:

IT WAS GREAT.....Motors fired right off and away I went. Only two other small trailers at the Nokomis ramp. Weather was partly sunny, windy, and cold, although it warmed up by around 3:30 a little. Didn't run it hard just let it run and get used to being on the water again. I cruised up to Sarasota (ran inside the whole way, Gulf was rough as hell) cruised through the Hyatt and Marina Jacks and back down to the ramp. Went by myself and launching by yourself at Nokomis is a bit of a PITA. Not like 10th st. where it's easy. Anyway boat ran flawlessly. Not having a working drive indicator cable on the starboard drive sucked, but I did not run the boat hard.

Impressions: Boy does it sound different. You really notice it going under the bridges or in areas where the sound bounces back to you. It's cool looking back and watching the water hose out the new tips. Only ran it up to 4 grand a couple of times, otherwise stayed around 32/3300 rpms, besides all the idling through the slow speed zones and even that was just killer listening to the new sound. What a friggin difference. From site line when it was tied to the dock, it appeared the drive gimbals were maybe an inch higher out of the water. Remember I lost over 400 lbs. directly over the props switching the exhaust and dropping the silent thunder box. It felt stronger running from say around 2,800 rpms to 4,000 without having to throttle harder, just seemed to run up easier and faster. I'll know better next time out but I don't think there's any doubt I picked up some power and speed. Next time when I try a WOT I think I'm gonna have picked up 3 mph. Checked the non water flowing spacers and while they were definitely hotter, I don't think it's anything to worry about. When I got back to the dock and shut it down, by the time I was loaded up and ready to drive home, maybe half an hour, the spacers seemed to be as cool as the risers. That aluminum billet must transfer heat really well. I could not tell any difference on all four. Only saw seven other boats out, five of them fishing. And for today, I was the loudest boat on the water, at least what I saw. Probably last time that happens.

Anyway, all the hassle, money, getting bit(hed at by my wife, everything, it was all MORE THAN WORTH IT. Thank you to everyone who helped me along the way.

OUTLAW IS BACK WITH A ROAR.......

Won't be getting any more chit from the Cooderman about "I thought your silent choice was on".

It feels great.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:52 PM
Banned

Default Re: Cuda Count is Over....(after 379 days)

Uh oh, I guess I'm on the clock now!
Old 01-16-2005, 05:52 PM
Banned

I have to credit you back one day.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:53 PM
Banned

You must be pumped. It's amazing how all the trials and tribulations always seem worth it when you get out on the water.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:56 PM
Banned

What do you think boys? Should I take his word for it, even though we don't have any documented proof? After all, he looks shady, and check out the riff raff he hangs out with.
Attached Thumbnails Cuda Count is Over....(after 379 days)-paint-053.jpg  
Old 01-16-2005, 05:56 PM
Registered

Even without pics for proof, I'll say congrats to you. One of the kids borrowed my digi cam and moved the memory card off of it. Then they couldn't figure out why it didn't work. So I will consider your "excuse" for no pics as valid.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Registered

Damn, Cuda- you did it again- you snuck 4 posts in while I was typing!
Old 01-16-2005, 05:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cuda
You must be pumped. It's amazing how all the trials and tribulations always seem worth it when you get out on the water.
You ain't lyin' Joe, you ain't lyin. Idling back through that long slow speed zone parallel with Siesta Key, I just sat there listening, steering, and thinking of how much work I've actually put into her. I couldn't even begin to count the hours. Between the exhaust, silent thunder box removal, patching the holes, rewiring the trailer, installing the new Racorp units, and all the things I can't remember, I'll bet it's got to be over 200 hours anyway maybe 300.

But man you're right, it was more than worth it.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:04 PM
Banned

I hope to experience that same feeling soon. Now I HAVE to get on it, I couldn't take the abuse for a year!
Old 01-16-2005, 06:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cuda
What do you think boys? Should I take his word for it, even though we don't have any documented proof? After all, he looks shady, and check out the riff raff he hangs out with.
I'll say I look "shady", that's the SOS Poker Run and the very beginning of my kidney stone ordeal, day after the FIRST surgery. I'm on some wicked pain killers there. (and there is a possibility that I took one too many ). That whole weekend is just bits and pieces now.

And that character to my left is bit(hing like hell about all the time he spends in a bilge and he'll NEVER buy another Big Block. Or he was telling the story about "the swing". Or when his stepson (I think anyway, hard to remember) walked in on him. He is DEFINITELY shady....

Quick Reply: Cuda Count is Over....(after 379 days)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.