Notices
Formula

Interior redo color schemes?

Old 09-11-2011, 06:52 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Superboat Guy
I have a 93 271, it has the (I think) Malibu Accent, still its pink and teal! I am having my sunpad, rear seat redone. The trim shop guys idea was keep it all white? I am not redoing the bolsters at this point, maybe a year or two from now? I had the thought to remove the pink strips and maybe add darker blue, maybe even paint over the strips on the hull and deck? How do you think the all white would look? I did search the past posts on this and haven't come up with much other than the pink must go!
My water soaked (soaked wood too) sunpad, headrests and seat bottom, honestly have to weigh close to 350 lb and I havent even removed the seat back yet

Tom

When I re-did the back seat and sunpad on my old boat, an '89 formula 311, I decided to take the color gray out of it. I thought that the gray stripe dulled the rest of the upholstery and replacing it with white instead made the black and teal stripes pop even more than before. I also replaced the gray cockpit carpet with black.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just saw this post, the 242LS with the bird is mine, Dave and his crew at XT did an AMAZING job. Currently they are doing something similar in the cabin. I can not wait to see it.....I'm quite certain I will have a WOW (HOLY SH*$) reaction to the cabin as well!!! Thanks Dave!