Formula

We just bought this Formula!

Old 01-28-2005, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We just bought this Formula!

See this thread for details....

Formula purchase

Can't wait for the survey/sea trial....it's gonna be a long 2 weeks!
Old 01-28-2005, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: We just bought this Formula!

Congrats, Hope all works out well! Enjoy Wrink
Old 01-28-2005, 03:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Barry - how many hours are on the motors?
Old 01-28-2005, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats, yes it will be a long two weeks, but think how much fun it will be, just think 5 months till spring.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats man, looking good!
Old 01-28-2005, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes .. very nice. I like that graphic, too!
Old 01-29-2005, 08:13 AM
Registered

Welcome to the Formula (and 336) family. Ours is our 4th boat and while I've liked the others we had, I really love this boat. We've got 2 kids and overnight most weekends in the summer and there's no way we can even think about going to a cruiser. It's not the fastest boat on the lake but 70-72 anytime is faster than 90% out there and it rides great and the hardest thing to do in it is run it at 3400. It may be optimal cruise speed (for mine with carbs at least), but she just wants to go and it's hard to keep off the throttles. The efficiency of running 45 is outweighed by the fun of running 60 as a cruise speed. It's only gas right? The only gripes I have are that the storage space is kind of limited with the enclosed head, cockpit could be a little bigger (as with all offshores, but it makes for great engine room access), and it can make some noises in rough water. I don't know if it's the footrests or sliding door or what, but when you have the amenities that the boat is outfitted with, somthing may rattle when you hit some big waves. My other boats did this too, but I went on a rough water ride in a friends Fountain that was dead quiet (except for the 1100 hp out the exhaust). I commented on it and he said that basically anything that could rattle had fallen off and he was keeping it that way. In fact he's taking the rest of the cabin out this year. I could do the same, but I'm not willing to make that sacrifice. My silent thunder box also rattled so I took it off and found that it had some cracks in it. I've kept it off because we don't have noise nazi's around here and it sounds pretty bada$$. I'll reglass it if they start cracking down or just get mufflers.

Be sure the surveyor checks the drive gimbals for steering slop. Mine were good, but my last boat had a lot and it was a 3K fix that I worked into the price after the survey. Good luck.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:29 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Bill 272,
Just bought a 312 and have a rattle.....found it and can give you some places to check. Contact me if you want another winter project.....
Russ C.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:52 AM
Registered

I know some could be from crap stored above the fridge, but PM me what else you've found. I'll probably try to take it out for the first run with nothing on board to narrow it down and eliminate that it may be the anchor or head bouncing.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bill272
Welcome to the Formula (and 336) family. Ours is our 4th boat and while I've liked the others we had, I really love this boat. We've got 2 kids and overnight most weekends in the summer and there's no way we can even think about going to a cruiser. It's not the fastest boat on the lake but 70-72 anytime is faster than 90% out there and it rides great and the hardest thing to do in it is run it at 3400. It may be optimal cruise speed (for mine with carbs at least), but she just wants to go and it's hard to keep off the throttles. The efficiency of running 45 is outweighed by the fun of running 60 as a cruise speed. It's only gas right? The only gripes I have are that the storage space is kind of limited with the enclosed head, cockpit could be a little bigger (as with all offshores, but it makes for great engine room access), and it can make some noises in rough water. I don't know if it's the footrests or sliding door or what, but when you have the amenities that the boat is outfitted with, somthing may rattle when you hit some big waves. My other boats did this too, but I went on a rough water ride in a friends Fountain that was dead quiet (except for the 1100 hp out the exhaust). I commented on it and he said that basically anything that could rattle had fallen off and he was keeping it that way. In fact he's taking the rest of the cabin out this year. I could do the same, but I'm not willing to make that sacrifice. My silent thunder box also rattled so I took it off and found that it had some cracks in it. I've kept it off because we don't have noise nazi's around here and it sounds pretty bada$$. I'll reglass it if they start cracking down or just get mufflers.

Be sure the surveyor checks the drive gimbals for steering slop. Mine were good, but my last boat had a lot and it was a 3K fix that I worked into the price after the survey. Good luck.
Thanks for the insights....

11 more days til the sea trial/survey!

Quick Reply: We just bought this Formula!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.