Formula

Trim switch buttons

Old 03-17-2005, 07:51 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Re: Trim switch buttons

Originally Posted by formuladude312
t500hps, Talk to Fred at Trick Marine that is where i got my red wheel for my 312, He had different colors
Thanks.....I did 2 days ago. Don't know why I didn't think of that before I asked???
Old 03-19-2005, 06:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The trim buttons have arrived from Honeywell. They are identical in appearance to the originals except that the originals had a slight "non-skid" texture to the surface contact area. These are smooth and shiny ... I like them better. The red also looks good on my dash. I can send sets on to t500hps and ApachePete if you PM your address.

I also have a number for Bennett Marine at home ... haven't had a chance to call about replacing buttons on the new style switches yet, but I will still try to get info for the newer style switches.

RD
Old 03-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedDog382
The trim buttons have arrived from Honeywell. They are identical in appearance to the originals except that the originals had a slight "non-skid" texture to the surface contact area. These are smooth and shiny ... I like them better. The red also looks good on my dash. I can send sets on to t500hps and ApachePete if you PM your address.

I also have a number for Bennett Marine at home ... haven't had a chance to call about replacing buttons on the new style switches yet, but I will still try to get info for the newer style switches.

RD

can you give me the phone # and part # for those toggle switches as i too need to replace some broken switches
Old 03-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rlking
can you give me the phone # and part # for those toggle switches as i too need to replace some broken switches
What year is your Formula and do you need the whole switch or just the buttons? I can post the Honeywell and Bennett contact numbers tomarrow.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

RD
Red Dog, Does the red switches match the livorsi red bezels? Or are they a shade off, Also what year did formula change from honeywell to benetts i have a 2001, Thanks

Last edited by formuladude312; 03-19-2005 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:29 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

RedDog said they switched switches (hehe) sometime in 1999. Phantom also has a 2001 and is looking for switches. I've got a pic of his and will ask someone local who may be able to track them down.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Registered

What year is your Formula and do you need the whole switch or just the buttons? I can post the Honeywell and Bennett contact numbers tomarrow.
Its a 2002-353 and I've had two switches break already
Old 03-20-2005, 04:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by t500hps
RedDog said they switched switches (hehe) sometime in 1999. Phantom also has a 2001 and is looking for switches. I've got a pic of his and will ask someone local who may be able to track them down.
Thanks, keep us posted, Still need to know if the red buttons match the red bezels, Thanks
Old 03-21-2005, 12:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by formuladude312
Red Dog, Does the red switches match the livorsi red bezels? Or are they a shade off, Also what year did formula change from honeywell to benetts i have a 2001, Thanks
The red is slightly off-shade from the bezels, but is almost identical to the red Imron all over the boat. It really looks good and is a major improvement visually to the dash.

The change in the switches appears to have been around or prior to 2001.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rlking
You would have the newer switches supplied to Formula by Bennett. Their number is 954-427-1400.

Honeywell probably has a replacement for the older style switches, model 2TP38-7. Call their Sensing and Control division at 800-537-6945 and ask for Donna ... she is GREAT!

A retailer for the Honeywell line of switches and buttons is Peerless Electronics at 800-285-2121. They are a major supplier for industrial and aviation controls and electronics. Located in New York but also locations in Florida.

Those with the newer switches may want to check with Livorsi. They have trim switches in their catalogue that appear the same as those now used by Formula. They may be able to help with replacement buttons on the new style switches, or at least refer you to their manufacturer.

Last edited by RedDog382; 03-21-2005 at 02:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Trim switch buttons

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.