Fountain factory transom shower

Notices

Fountain factory transom shower

Old 06-04-2005, 08:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fountain factory transom shower

Any Fountain owners have the factory cold water transom shower installed? I am attempting to rig one up on my '04 29 and have not been able to find the small shower head kit. I had an '01 Powerquest that had a 5" or 6" round unit that took up very little room and worked great. I have searched the internet and have not been able to find this unit, just the larger rectangular ones that are mostly for hot and cold hookup (Attwood, Aquatik, etc.). If anyone has the small unit please let me know the manufacturer so I can look them up. Last minute change, looking at the swim platform closely it seems that there is not enough room for any type of transom shower base, not even the small one (large cleat is in the way) anyone having pics of their setup would be great. Thanks in advance all.

Gary

Last edited by gferdon; 06-04-2005 at 01:17 PM.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:53 PM
Registered

Default Re: Fountain factory transom shower

You're not getting much help on this one. I just checked on the 2005 and all it says on the hand held shower handle is "Made in Italy" and 20040938. That won't find it.

Another idea... I know my World Cat fishing boat has a similar head that I even found rebuild parts for.. I think at Boater's World? It was a pretty common brand. Maybe you can track something down that way.

On my 42 Lighting it's mounted through the deck at the rear at the far left. The unit in it's holder is only about 3 inches round.

Good luck!
Old 06-05-2005, 05:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks for the reply J...yup, not too much help on this one. I did find the name of the small unit, it is a "Shurflo", but I still was a bit concerned about the cutout in the transom area (guess i'm a coward at heart). I took the easy way out and tapped the pump for the sink, ran a 5/8 line back to the aft lower storage door in the cockpit and mounted a 25' self coiling hose and nozzle that is hidden when not in use. This has the benefit of enabling hose down of the entire boat in addition to swimmers on the stearn. Have a good season.

G-
Old 06-09-2005, 07:53 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.scandvik.com/index.cfm/me...t/CatId/16.htm here is the good stuff
Old 06-09-2005, 07:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks Ray, that is some nice hardware!

G-
Old 06-10-2005, 09:47 PM
Registered

I mounted a Shure Flow pump under the bench seat , next to the battery charger. I used a toggle switch so pump dosn't pull power all the time, and I use a 50' coil hose. Works great and out of the way. I tapped into the fresh water tank to the sink line.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:02 AM
Registered

Not to jack your thread or anything but since were talking about transom showers...............I just bought a 94 29' and according to the spec sheets it has a factory transom shower..........however I don't see one anywhere! Am I an idiot here or am I missing something? I can't figure out WTF they are talking about. Is it a hookup for it or is it an acutally head somewhere I'm not seeing? Just wondering if anyone can enlighten me on this ?