shorties on a single step >

shorties on a single step

Notices

shorties on a single step

Old 10-10-2005, 06:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: shorties on a single step

yes chris martin does all my drive work ,hp is 800 plus range.by the way i shattered my top speed yesterday 109.9 ,everything was just right except no chop.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mv35
yes chris martin does all my drive work ,hp is 800 plus range.by the way i shattered my top speed yesterday 109.9 ,everything was just right except no chop.
I have known Chris a long time and like the work he does on the drives. I can not believe the speeds we are getting in this weather . I will have to say that last summer a lot of people were saying that there boats were running 3 to 5 slower and nothing had changed, except the news was saying something about changing the the fuel additives or what ever. I wonder if the change in fuel had some impact on how these high horse power motors run.???????????
Old 10-10-2005, 05:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

well - I finally got to test to -2 inch lowers - had gusty winds the entire weekend - managed to get 85 in moderate to rough conditions - I'm pretty sure there another 1 - 2 in better conditions as I had to pull back the sticks several times due to being launched out of the water. Needless to say I was impressed - 4 MPH faster than my last outing - going to go out & try again in calmer conditions. Bottom line.... they work
Attached Thumbnails shorties on a single step-shorty-005.jpg  
Old 10-10-2005, 08:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ran-Dom 32
well - I finally got to test to -2 inch lowers - had gusty winds the entire weekend - managed to get 85 in moderate to rough conditions - I'm pretty sure there another 1 - 2 in better conditions as I had to pull back the sticks several times due to being launched out of the water. Needless to say I was impressed - 4 MPH faster than my last outing - going to go out & try again in calmer conditions. Bottom line.... they work
Any change coming on plane?
Old 10-10-2005, 08:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ran-Dom 32
That's with the same props? What RPM's were you running before and after? I may know what I want for Christmas!
Dan
Old 10-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mv35
Congratulations!
Dan
Old 10-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by carney
Candyman, You must be saying that fountain raised the motor first ,then used the top hole in the stellings box. Yes mine are stellings. But if I put mine in the top hole that will put the drive lower in the water. It will lower the ext box. The bolts are in the bottom hole now and I can not trim the drive with out them hitting the swimplatform. and with the drives against the platform at 5200 there is no rooster at all. I think this is slowing the boat .??????????????
Sorry I missed this. The terminology Stelling used was the top hole. This setting was supposed to raise the drive height two inches. The engine is raised 1 inch and the drive line makes up the additional inch.

That being said Ran-Dom 32's results are the same without the boxes. If he likes the way the boat handles with the shorties it may be the way to go.
Dan
Old 10-11-2005, 07:20 AM
Registered

Thanks candyman , I can see where the motor in my 35 had the motor raised at one time .the motor mounts have two extra holes. Ram Don 35, what was the x-demension with the shorties? I would like to here you say two inches ,that would put me in the ball park.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Prop shaft location is aprox. 2 inches or less below the running surface - coming on plane was OK - -no problem if you drop tabs in the water -(it was pretty rough conditions) I sure it won't be a problem in calmer water- on a side note - I previous was running 28 labbed B1 @ 5200 (81-82) I had 30 Labbed B1 when I tried the shorties. & the RPM was pretty much the same 5200 - (84-85) like I said I will try again in calmer water & should net better results. -& I will be able to comment on handling issues
Old 10-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

well I tried her again today in calmer conditions & squeezed out another MPH - boat felt pretty stable - GPS spiked to 88 for a second but dropped to 85 - 86 I did notice my RPM was 5300 - 5400 right @ the rev limiter with 30 pitch labbed B1's - anyways I am definitely going to save up for a set in the spring. Pretty good way to end the season

Quick Reply: shorties on a single step

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.