Anyone know this 29? >

Anyone know this 29?

Notices

Anyone know this 29?

Old 10-22-2005, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone know this 29?

During my Fountain tour a couple of months ago , I was told that they dropped twin big blocks in the 29 and halted the 32 for liability reasons , too much power for that short of a hull . Our 32 has twin 509's and will run 83 mph with half a tank and a couple of people ...
Old 10-22-2005, 07:24 PM
Registered

I have a 29 ft and I wish I had went with something with twins. Now don't get me wrong, it is a great set up as far as maint, fuel economy and a few other things but when it comes time to park the thing against a dock or another boat a twin would be "really" nice to have. I have only owned my 29' this summer and prior to this boat I had a 24' that I could maneuver very easily, but over time I should be able to manage it better in tight quarter's but even if your a novice to boating, twins would be very beneficial.
Just my .02
Old 10-22-2005, 10:10 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Docking might be easier, but come on guys ! I can dock the thing in wind, backing into a slip with a beer in hand. Practice makes perfect. To buy a second engine and say it's easier for a novice, I am not sure about that. Depends on the novice, no? Four sticks to tug on... Maybe... I just think they should work on knowing what they are doing, and getting another engine seems like killing an ant with a bazoka. It's only 29 feet.

My 29 goes a tad under 80 and in my opinion handles the speed much better than the twins I was in. Not sure what tighter to the water means, because the single big block is faster, turns better and is more responsive. In fairness, I have not driven a twin 454, so I can not speak to that. My experience was with twin small blocks. The guy who owns that ride can drive super well and loves it. As I said, try them both before you decide. But, you really should look into the 525 in a 29 04 or newer. They (Fountain) played with the X axis and the boat responds at high speeds and is a real nice package. You would be making a mistake to not experience it.

Last edited by nolimits; 10-22-2005 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:40 AM
Registered

Thanks to all of you for your comments. I am going with a single engine and will not consider twins at this point. A membership to one of the seatow companies will cover me in case of breakdown, and I'm happy with the performance of the single.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:02 AM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ANDREW REALTOR
Blindfolded With A Beer In Each Hand But The Fact Is To Beat The 2 Engine With A Single It Better Have Some Big Power By The Way A 29 Is Faster Than A 32 Or A 27 !!so Ya Wanna Tell Fat Jokes!!!

Now that's funny stuff !!! Blindfolded?? What about two martini's, two girls, blindfolded in a gale?? A reminder, what I said I have piloted was a 525 and twin small blocks. Is a 525 big power? I don't think so.... But, then again maybe it is.... All the best too you, they are all good boats if they are Fountains.....
Old 10-23-2005, 04:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ANDREW REALTOR
SEA TOW CHARGES $60 FOR 5 GALLONS EVEN IF YOUR A MEMBER!THEY WILL ONLY BRING YOU TO A CLOSE POINT BUT THATS ANOTHER STORY GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR 29'SINGLE FOUNTAIN IS A GREAT BOAT! GO WITH BOATS US IF AVIALIBLE IN YOUR AREA!!
Thanks Andrew. TowBoatsUS is in Miami, at least I have seen them out on the water. I will check them out, thanks for that advice.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:41 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I could dock my 27 alot easier than my 32.

A few yrs ago I went to Lake Erie and hit a reef and lost the outdrive. Well, I know right were it is. Tow Boats US towed us the 3 miles back to the marina @ $1100. Evening rate, salvage classification, non member, yada yada yada. Originally was $1800, but we made a deal. The wife could ride back in his boat with him.
Never again would I venture to the large waters with no tow ins.