Notices

Fountain Speaker Up Grade

Old 11-25-2005, 10:03 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Fountain Speaker Up Grade

Thanks. That explains alot.

I found a JVC head unit that plays all forms today at Circut City, but it is a wireless remote. Not my remote preferance. Sucks not being able to control the radio while running or having to do a reach in and point thing.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear ya, no pun intended but in my last boat I had an Alpine system in it and the folks who sold/installed it hooked me a unit that was velcroed to the wireless remote that turned the unit into High Frequency instead of the normal infrared. It worked great. I did not have to point at anything. I think the unit was about 150 bucks. I'm not sure if they make such a thing anymore this was several years ago but someone might. If you can find a high end seller / installer of radio equipment they might be able to hook you up.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:52 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by john.sblendorio
The oversized JL marine separates sound awsome. By far the best marine speaker available.

JL is makeing Marine speakers ???

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Registered

http://marine.jlaudio.com/products_c...hp?prod_id=371
Old 11-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by john.sblendorio
Nice looking speaker, It looks like a higher end heavier type speaker . I wounder how it compares the the MB Quarts???

Thanks

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:01 PM
Registered

The MB Quart suck. The grills break easily and I blew 4 sets before going to the JL. The JL sound much better.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

looking at upgrading my system over the winter, nothing crazy, what's a good choice on speakers, (to replace the fountain mood lights) JL still one of the better 6.5's?
Old 11-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Registered

I was in the same boat as you.
I did not want to cut any holes in the boat as well. I removed all of the doors that are on the sides and made new ones as you will see in the attached photos.
I only had to cut the back seat base for the 10's.
Thats JL 10's under the back seat and 7" Alpines in the side doors for a total of 6 speakers in the cockpit
400 watt Amp on the 10's and 400 watt on the 7's.
It sounded awesome and was more than loud enough while running.
The JL's are by far the best out there in my opinion, but they are pricey!
I kept all my cockpit doors and gave them to the new owner in case he wasn't a stereo man and wanted to put it back factory.
In all the Fountains I have been in the person sitting in the back seat gets an ear full all day sitting next to the speakers where the moodlights are.
Plus I kinda like the moodlights!

The doors were still functional and the compartments could still be used on the sides.

This was all in a 1990 29 Fever
Attached Thumbnails Fountain Speaker Up Grade-p5020054.jpg   Fountain Speaker Up Grade-p5020055.jpg   Fountain Speaker Up Grade-p5020056.jpg  

Fountain Speaker Up Grade-p5020057.jpg   Fountain Speaker Up Grade-p5020058.jpg  

Last edited by BarryB; 11-17-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:29 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ran-Dom 32
looking at upgrading my system over the winter, nothing crazy, what's a good choice on speakers, (to replace the fountain mood lights) JL still one of the better 6.5's?
A great place to deal with is Crutchfield.com. Go to their outlet section under marine, and you can find most any thing you want for less than normal prices. They are returns and some are open box, some they call scratch and dent.
I put a system in a Center Console, this summer, head unit, speakers and subs, using their outlet. Every piece was just as new. Plus they have a return policy so if you dont like the way it looks return it.
They also have a tech line, and have used it for several different things. If you have questions about compatability, or installation, they can help you out. Seems like they know their stuff.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Barryb what did you use to open/close them? I see no latch, just curious really thinking about doing this to the doors under my bolsters!

Quick Reply: Fountain Speaker Up Grade

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.