32 footers >

32 footers

Notices

32 footers

Old 11-13-2005, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 32 footers

I heard Fountain was sued over a 32 sinking and no longer builds them. What exactly happened, anyone know?
Old 11-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 32 footers

I think there building them with small blocks
Old 11-13-2005, 06:48 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think they stopped building them a yr or so ago. Don't know if it was because of the low sit, or the 35's are more desirable??? I've had large waves come up the back of me before, but the rear of the boat just floats with the waves. Never once got the hatch wet. I ain't skeered.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine has twin big blocks. Its a 2000. The engine compartment vents are really too low to the water. I asked Fountain to build me a new one with safer, seaworthy vents, and they refused. So I had a local very high quality glass shop fill them in, and re-do the air flow to the engine compartment similar to how a Fleming 55 gets air to its engines. Only now do I think the boat is seaworthy.

Twin small blocks would help, but really, its probably better to think of the 32 as a single engine boat, at least as built by the factory.

Its not a matter of handling: the dynamics are very good. Reggie knows how to design boats that GO!

The problem is stopping when there are waves bigger than about 6 inches. You will sink.

Mine won't.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:23 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Originally Posted by u4ea32
The problem is stopping when there are waves bigger than about 6 inches. You will sink.
Now, let's not get carried away.

They are kinda spooky looking. While sitting at rest, no water will get into my bilge thru them, even with a load on the hatch. Any rush of water that could've made it's way up those tubes when coming off plane should be pumped out by the pumps. Not like it is a constant steady flow of water going up them. The blower motors may not be any good though. My bilge is 100% dry all the time. Always has been too since I resealed the deck to hull joint at the swim plateform. That seal would leak more water than any water that could have enter thru those vent tubes.
BUT, I did make a set of custom inserts that fit into those vents with flappers just to be sure. Like the looks of SS there. Operate just like the exhaust flappers. Normally closed, or closes when water hits them, and opens by the blower air flow.

I doubt the small block equiped 32's sold very well, if at all, because who would spend $120k for a performance boat that would be lucky to run mid 60's. Every SeaDoo could out run it.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 11-15-2005 at 06:48 PM.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:41 PM
Registered

Good question....I will try to find out more
Old 11-15-2005, 05:06 PM
Registered

US1......any pics of the ss flaps you installed???
Did you buy them or fabricate them yourself....I to have replace a few blower motors due to water coming in the vent tubes.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:15 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Originally Posted by corbvette
US1......any pics of the ss flaps you installed???
Did you buy them or fabricate them yourself....I to have replace a few blower motors due to water coming in the vent tubes.
Made them myself. I never had problems with water getting into my blower motors. I made the tips because I didn't want to take any chances of ruining the blowers.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-02-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:26 PM
Registered

worked for a Foutain dealer for 5 years the story I heard was the bb were the problem that it sat to low, thats why they will only build with small block.......
Old 11-15-2005, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Made them myself. I never had problems with water getting into my blower motors. I made the tips because I didn't want to take any chances of ruining the blowers.
US1's got all the trick chit........everybody knows that!!!

Jerry......I hear ya' talking about switching to Gill manifolds and arn't expecting much if any performance gains???..........that........doesnt sound overly trick for a guy like you......!!!!

Quick Reply: 32 footers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.