Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain-37/)
-   -   Whats the fastest single engine Fountain go ?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain/116652-whats-fastest-single-engine-fountain-go.html)

FX10 11-17-2005 08:00 PM

Whats the fastest single engine Fountain go ??

Whats the fastest speed for a 29' and over, single engine Fountain. Fountain has the Fastest twin engine Offshore V Hull. Do they have the fastest single Offshore V hull ? Anyone know what the record is for the fastest "single" engine Offshore V Hull.

Rick

UNSANE 11-18-2005 11:11 AM

Re: Whats the fastest single engine Fountain go ??

As far as I know the offical single engine record (Factory 1) is held by a Velocity at 86mph. This was done with the 525 engine. I've read about guys pushing 27's and 29's close to 95 but they say the boat becomes unstable. Also there are some west coast manufactuers that make some very fast machines like Hallet and Cobra and Laveycraft, but I'm not sure most would consider those real offshore machines, but I could be wrong. There are single engine outboards that can top 130 however but I don't personally know of any offshore "unlimited" single engine class. I'm sure the real experts will respond soon.

Downtown42 11-18-2005 01:35 PM

them slow Fountains....

29 FEVER
Speed: 77+ mph :chick:
Recommended Power:
Single 525 EFI Mercury w/ Bravo One drives

http://www.fountainpowerboats.com/boats/sport.htm

there is one guy here Joe in MI that runs mid to upper 90's in his...he doesn't post much but know his stuff.

UNSANE 11-18-2005 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Downtown42
them slow Fountains....

29 FEVER
Speed: 77+ mph :chick:
Recommended Power:
Single 525 EFI Mercury w/ Bravo One drives

Can't wait to have one myself :drink: workin on it

JimV 11-26-2005 12:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by UNSANE
As far as I know the offical single engine record (Factory 1) is held by a Velocity at 86mph. This was done with the 525 engine. I've read about guys pushing 27's and 29's close to 95 but they say the boat becomes unstable. Also there are some west coast manufactuers that make some very fast machines like Hallet and Cobra and Laveycraft, but I'm not sure most would consider those real offshore machines, but I could be wrong. There are single engine outboards that can top 130 however but I don't personally know of any offshore "unlimited" single engine class. I'm sure the real experts will respond soon.

I've had my 1992 27' to 101mph (GPS) with a 540 blower motor. Right now 565 NA 95 (GPS)

JimV 11-26-2005 01:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Pictures

Downtown42 11-26-2005 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Downtown42
them slow Fountains....

there is one guy here Joe in MI that runs mid to upper 90's in his...he doesn't post much but know his stuff.

Sorry Jim forget the Joe!!

pullmytrigger 11-26-2005 04:21 PM

Jim......hows the handling at those speeds????.......any special driving techniques???......boat modifications???

Hauling Trash 11-26-2005 07:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this boat

JimV 11-27-2005 11:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by pull my trigger
Jim......hows the handling at those speeds????.......any special driving techniques???......boat modifications???

The boat handles great but you have to pick your water. I guess after 13 years driving it I learned to overcome it's quirks. For example I let my unexperienced brother drive it and it went into a chinewalk about 70mph. The mistake was he held the wheel like a car. In my boat, to keep the boat from chinewalking you have to rock the wheel slightly to keep it straight. The boat has a Stellings standoff box and full hydraulic steering. No hull mods