Help deciding >

Help deciding

Notices

Help deciding

Old 12-08-2005, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Re: Help deciding

That boat looks great with the cut down windshield.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the low profile windshield is the best thing they've done to those boats stylewise. This boat also has shorepower installed along with a battery charger.
Yea, I'm hoping that this will go through, I've wanted a Fountain ever since I briefly met Reggie in 1990 at a Hydroplane race in Tri-Cities Wa. We all got rides in his boats that he brought and freaked out everybody on the river (those type of boats just aren't on the Columbia river). In meeting Reggie, a lot of us disovered that he has an 'attitude' to say the least and he pours 110% of that 'attitude' into his boats and that's why I want a Fountain. Thanks again for all the help and if things go my way, I'll be looking to hook up with some of you guys down here in Florida!!
Old 12-09-2005, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Marginmn
This year the guy in the slip right behind me got a new 35 Fountain with 496's. He ran it for a bit and then had his dealer install Prochargers. He blew up THREE engines this season. All told I don't think his boat was running 3 weekends out of the entire summer.

After watching what this guy went through, I wouldn't put a Procharger on a 496 if it were given to me for free. The internals on them just weren't built to take that kind of punishment.

On the other hand, the 525 is about as bulletproof an engine as has ever been made. And that boat is 2 feet longer! Hands down go with the 29.
Best advice on this thread
Old 12-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 12-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Registered

Someone just put a deposit down on that there boat today
Old 12-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You too, huh?

Good luck
Old 12-09-2005, 06:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by UNSANE
!! Just curious about something. How much water can this thing run in and "not spill your drink"? And how much can it run in period???
Depends how big the drink holder is the faster the boat goes the smoother it will ride. In 3-4's you will be slobbering your drink.

Good choice. great windshield as stated above. Nice leather cabin with your suede drapes/pillows and leather pillows.
Remember no high speed turns with the step. They can get away from you. Wear the kill switch and PFD(when needed).
Have Fun!

Orlando? I lived on Livingston St off Orange and Magnolia in '81. Miss FL most of the time.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:40 PM
Registered

Yea I learned about the turning issue from a few step owners. It will be a change from the boat I'm in now which will eject people sideways if they're not holding on all the time the boat is just having fun. The east half of downtown Orlando has been reborn into WAY OVERPRICED homes and condos. Hi rise condos are going up in downtown. Big changes since you were here. Orlando is still growing and still way too big for its britches!!!!
Old 12-13-2005, 10:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

29 w/ 525 is the right choice IMHO.

I bought an '03 27' w/ 496HO new and thought it would be the perfect boat. Loved it (and still miss it some times), but was wishing for more power and another 2'+ after just two summers.

FYI Only reliable upgrade I've seen for the 496HO is the Raylar kits. Wouldn't go with a blower on the 496HO.

Best advice I can give is get the biggest boat and most powerful engines you can afford; if you're like me you'll only want bigger/faster in the future.

I went straight from the 27' to a 38' last year and I'm already looking at 42's and 47's.

Good luck and welcome to the Fountain family!!
Old 12-14-2005, 11:04 AM
Registered

Try a set of revolution marine exhaust manifolds,should be worth 1 to 4 mph gain.

Quick Reply: Help deciding

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.