Notices

29 vs 27

Old 01-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 29 vs 27

This is a great thread!
i agree with the bigger even for the $$$$.
I bought my first boat this past thanksgiving at 30 years old and knew i wouldn't settle for anything less then a 35, i would shop and get right into the 32'+ range, you will want to jump after a year anyway.

Good luck either way and welcome to a great group. (beak boat gang)
Old 01-09-2006, 01:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 29 vs 27

Most of the things being said are true.

Being that I have owned two 27's here is the skinny. The 27 is great I currently have a 500efi and peg 74gps any day of the week, I have never been passed by a 29 with same power NEVER, and Have blown two away one with 500hp other w/500efi, these were done over and over because the owners couldn't believe it.

OK moving on, The 27 gas tank is too small 63 gallons unless you are going to be on a inland lake (like me). Also the cabin and cockpit are smaller than I would prefer, but you give up comfort for speed.

If you want a boat to stack hours on go with the 496 ho, full warranty. I do think a 29 with a 496 will be a hard resale. Best of luck on your decision.

PS: If I had it to do all over again, I would get a 29 w/ 525efi Now that combination is a serious winner.

WILL MURRAY
Old 01-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 29 vs 27

I think I like both. I'm shopping now probally gonna come down to which one i can get the best deal on or it will jump out at me some the paint schemes and colors I dont like some I do Will keep you all posted on my hunt.