Few words from Reggie >

Few words from Reggie

Notices

Few words from Reggie

Old 01-15-2006, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few words from Reggie

At Chicago Boat Club party Reggie Wyatt and Shogren were guests.

Questions were taken as well as some chatting afterwards.

Why don't you win the King of Hudson trophy on NY run?
Safety is a concern, with refrigerators, dead bodies, telephone posts and who knows what else could cause a mech problem and possible crash.

What about a new speed record?
The costs involved meaning dollars and risk of injury/death is what it takes to win. He'll hang for now, if someone feels froggy Fountain will simply do as above and bump them off again.

My take...there is nothing to worry about. Reggie gave me numbers re: speed and HP per side that is ready to go if the bell rings. I will not post here or anywhere.

Something about his most memorable race. Sorry I can't recall but was in 1989-90 with tunnel boats maybe others can chime.

Wyatt and Scott Shogren are racing Rodriguez 38 in 2006. Was at boat show.

I gave him some chit bout OL and he was a gentleman, had nothing bad to say, didn't want to get into it with me. dam I tried.

Reggie says Shogren marine is high maintenence but proud to have him as largest dealer. I am glad to have Shogren close by.

Safety is important, several times he talked about life and death on the water, how many boaters we lost last year.
Here today and gone tomorrow, can't take it with you in the casket. How pushing the edge is risky; with all the right things in place like oxygen, angel divers, etc but attainable. All boats over 70 can kill you, use 100% concentration as what is going on.

Why throttles on left? He is right handed and for him, driving with right hand is safer. AND..... when he takes new customers out to test the boat at his factory he can let the buyer drive but Reggie can reach across QUICK if needed and chop the sticks!! Says he's nervous riding with anyone else.

He knows cats and tunnel boats well, and too many un-controlable things can happen. Prefers tweaking V's.

As much as I can remember for now. Long night, morning even the 24 hr diner for 3am breakfast was closed.

last pic in BobZ die hard...Beth luvs ya
Attached Thumbnails Few words from Reggie-chic-boat-show_04-medium-.jpg   Few words from Reggie-chic-boat-show_05-medium-.jpg   Few words from Reggie-chic-boat-show_11-medium-.jpg  

Old 01-15-2006, 06:11 PM
Registered

Default Re: Few words from Reggie

Very nice.

Of all the petty negativity that is tossed at Reggie, no one has ever said that he was less than a gentleman in person.

He lends credibility to this sport.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

There were two morons heckling Reggie at the Shogren booth. Must have come over from the Bayliner booth. Oh wait, they probably couldn't spell Bayliner.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fountainclimber
There were two morons heckling Reggie at the Shogren booth. Must have come over from the Bayliner booth. Oh wait, they probably couldn't spell Bayliner.
Where you at party afterwards, I didn't see you? Windy City PRA dvd had some nice footage of your boat!
Old 01-15-2006, 08:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dave,

We were in and out of the booth a couple times but we did not make it to the party. Plus we had the kids with. We went to a nice Mexican restaurant near the show and made it home before 10.

Maybe next time.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hey wait a minute! We were in the poker run but unless you count the aerial shot of North Point where we were but a tiny spec, we were not in any of the other shots.

I have a copy of the DVD and didn't see us atleast. Too slow I guess.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:49 PM
Registered

I thought your boat but will take another look. Not a very good dvd anyway overall, all the runs PRA does and can't figure out how to shoot vid???
Old 01-16-2006, 12:02 AM
Registered

Hey Dave,
It was nice to finally meet you and Beth. Hope you had fun! BTW why don't you want to mention speed predictions? Reggie said the magic number to the entire room. He predicted his other two Kilo records at the Chicago Boat Show back in 2004. I'll let you be the one to say the magic number this time.

Dan

It's good to be Reggie!
Attached Thumbnails Few words from Reggie-gtbr1.jpg   Few words from Reggie-gtbr2.jpg   Few words from Reggie-gtbr3.jpg  

Old 01-16-2006, 12:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fountainclimber
I missed that one. There were so many people in the isle it was hard to hear what was being said.....or maybe it had something to due with the Sub Woofer pounding right behind me all week. I don't think I ever want to hear the Poker Run DVD again.
Dan
Old 01-16-2006, 09:05 AM
Registered

go reggie .

Quick Reply: Few words from Reggie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.