Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fountains are "lake boats"

US1-----THATS A GREAT PIC! someone is going to key his boat
Old 03-04-2006, 03:10 PM
Registered

Beaks for 'ns?? I wouldn't call Reggie a chicken. He's won more and faster than anything on the water V's.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:33 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Found this surfing around...

http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=240274

"As has been said, these boats are just two different breeds and its a matter of picking what suits your needs.
I had a big learning curve when I bought my Fountain b/c I was used to 'rough = throttle back' on most hulls I had driven before. If you run a Fountain, you soon learn that 'rough = HAMMER DOWN'

On my first crossing to the islands with my new boat, my buddy boat was a 27 Contender with the exact power, twin 250 EFI Mercs. It was a SOLID 4-6 with the ever so often 'oh Sh*T' wave thrown in for good measure. I was struggling along at 20-22 knots and the ride was not good until this little voice in my head told me to heed my friends advice (he had turned me on to Fountains during my boat search).

So I did what he told me should be done, I dropped the tabs all the way down, told everyone to hang on (6 people total and gear/stuff for a week) and buried the throttles.

All of a sudden we were zinging across the top of the waves at 31 knots and the constant pounding subsided to an occasional BANG on the odd 7+ footer. My friend looked over at me with a "WOW!" look on his face and I knew right then and there I had made a good choice. About 10 minutes later my buddy boats hails me and tells me he can't keep up. So it was run for 30 minutes, slow to trolling speed, wait for him to catch up, repeat. When we got within 12 miles of West End, I radioed my buddy boat and told him I wanted to see what this boat can do, so I completely DUMPED the throttles and came into WE at 38 knots in 4-6. Probably could have done better with less of a load. And, once we got into WE, I checked the boat, no stress cracks, no kinks, etc. Toilet seat lid did come loose though...

I am not at all knocking BW's. Every one I have been on has impressed me with the ride, from the 2150, 2350, and 2550. I haven't been on a 2850 but the others have left a good impression on me as far as ride so I am sure their 'bigger brother' would ride well. But for me I have this urge to run fast and keep OPEC in business.

As for weight, anyone who tells you weight doesn't matter, is selling you something. It's just my opinion, but when it gets rough, you need weight to 'punch back' and not bounce around."
Old 03-06-2006, 09:00 AM
Registered

My boat is the same way. It needs to get up some speed and get the stern out of the water to really handle the rough stuff nice. If i slow down below 40 the ride gets ****ty.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

whats a "BW" ???
Old 03-06-2006, 07:14 PM
Registered

I'm guessing BOSTON WHALER.

Reading the context there it sounds like an outboard powered fishing rig.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

You Fountain guys take alot of $hit sometimes. Its pretty funny how everyone likes to gang up on you and Reggie. Personally, I just don,t get it. Anyhow, keep the faith ,you know what your boats are capable of!!

Last edited by pm203; 03-06-2006 at 10:34 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:33 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
You Fountain guys take alot of $hit sometimes. Its pretty funny how everyone likes to gang up on you and Reggie. Personally, I just don,t get it. Anyhow, keep the faith ,you know what your boats are capable of!!
Yup, ain't it great? I love owning a brand boat that EVERYONE else compares theres to. If you notice, most of the guys that know how to "dish it out" don't have big enough balls to take it when it comes back to bite em in the azz.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 03-07-2006, 01:45 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
whats a "BW" ???
Blue Water.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
Yup, ain't it great? I love owning a brand boat that EVERYONE else compares theres to. If you notice, most of the guys that know how to "dish it out" don't have big enough balls to take it when it comes back to bite em in the azz.
9 out of 10 of them never owned a fountain and probably never will. 1989 29 fever, best boat i ever owned

Quick Reply: Fountains are "lake boats"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.