Fountains are "lake boats"

Old 03-07-2006, 08:25 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Fountains are "lake boats"

Originally Posted by SLOWOUTBOARD
9 out of 10 of them never owned a fountain and probably never will. 1989 29 fever, best boat i ever owned
I'll bet you had twin big blocks. Those were F'n rockets in their day.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 03-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
I'll bet you had twin big blocks. Those were F'n rockets in their day.
na. had 320hp smallblocks.75mph every day for 10 years.never rebuilt them.loved that phuker.
Attached Thumbnails Fountains are "lake boats"-fountain_edited.jpg   Fountains are "lake boats"-fountain_edited.jpg  
Old 03-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Love the bottom picture! Where the feet in the air for photo purposes or an oh chit?
Old 03-07-2006, 09:19 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
You Fountain guys take alot of $hit sometimes. Its pretty funny how everyone likes to gang up on you and Reggie. Personally, I just don,t get it. Anyhow, keep the faith ,you know what your boats are capable of!!
It doesn't bother me at all. I'll kick one back, but only in fun. At my marina, there is a group of approx 12 of us right in a row in the slips that are like family. A couple Fountains, Cig, Regal, Bajas, Bayliner, Formulas, Powerquest and Summerset (big ol houseboat) and a couple other brands. Not a single one of us see boat brands, but just a bunch of people that have the same love for the water. When on the water, nothing matters.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

na. had 320hp smallblocks.75mph every day for 10 years.never rebuilt them.loved that phuker.
I have a set of 425hp smallies Im getting freshened for my 89/29........was that 75 gps???
Attached Thumbnails Fountains are "lake boats"-labour-day-weekend-2005-001.jpg  
Old 03-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
I have a set of 425hp smallies Im getting freshened for my 89/29........was that 75 gps???
local marine cop with radar gun back in 90.but how accurate who knows.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Registered

local marine cop with radar gun back in 90.but how accurate who knows.
Sorry to keep diggin' on this topic but the only other 89/29 Ive ever heard of with smallblocks in the whole world was owned by none other than GLH so try and bare with me
Do you remember the set up on the boat???......

In the pics it looks like yours has the integrated swim platform like mine......is that true??......(Fionn here on OSO has an 89/29 and it has a flat transom)

Were you running alphas??.....(GLH swears to god his had OMCs)

Did they counter rotate??(mine dont but I have a counter rotating drive I bought to install this year)

If they did counter were they spinning in or out???

and finally, do you remember what props you ran???

this boat has turned out to be a pretty rare piece....maybe because half the year they had a flat transom.......mine also has bucket seats.....according to Reggie one of about a half dozen......Thanks so much for any info....Doug
Attached Thumbnails Fountains are "lake boats"-scan0013.jpg  
Old 03-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how can you see over the windshield with the buckets....have you thought about putting in bolsters?
Old 03-08-2006, 06:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
Sorry to keep diggin' on this topic but the only other 89/29 Ive ever heard of with smallblocks in the whole world was owned by none other than GLH so try and bare with me
Do you remember the set up on the boat???......

In the pics it looks like yours has the integrated swim platform like mine......is that true??......(Fionn here on OSO has an 89/29 and it has a flat transom)

Were you running alphas??.....(GLH swears to god his had OMCs)

Did they counter rotate??(mine dont but I have a counter rotating drive I bought to install this year)

If they did counter were they spinning in or out???

and finally, do you remember what props you ran???

this boat has turned out to be a pretty rare piece....maybe because half the year they had a flat transom.......mine also has bucket seats.....according to Reggie one of about a half dozen......Thanks so much for any info....Doug
that boat looks exactly like mine did.I bought mine in 8/88 as an 89 27 fever.later called the 29.twin 350/270 alphas.did a motor kit with carbs/cams/gill exhaust/ingn. they told me it was 320 kit with not much torque to hurt the drives.mine had swim platform and bucket seats. 21p props none counter rotating.I will look for more pics to post.I did look at an other that had 350/260 with no thru hull exhaust.there should be updated alpha drive hardware to beef them up.my drives lasted 10 years.
Attached Thumbnails Fountains are "lake boats"-fountain1.jpg   Fountains are "lake boats"-fountain2.jpg  

Last edited by SLOWOUTBOARD; 03-08-2006 at 07:04 PM. Reason: add pics
Old 03-09-2006, 10:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by snielsen
how can you see over the windshield with the buckets....have you thought about putting in bolsters?
Ahhhhh no.......dont have any trouble seeing over the dash.....the seats are adjustable fore and aft and up and down......mines all the way down (Im 6'1".....I wish it could go lower actually) and Susi's is up about 2"......I wanna' put Skater style buckets in it.....they also swivel 180 deg which works really well when your parked......I want to keep that......doug

Quick Reply: Fountains are "lake boats"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.