Adding Spacers to your Drive??? >

Adding Spacers to your Drive???

Notices

Adding Spacers to your Drive???

Old 03-14-2006, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding Spacers to your Drive???

There has been alot of questions and testing for people that have put on shorties to pick-up some speed. I have a 2001 27 Fever with a 496HO stock Bravo drive. I believe this is the year Reggie got real aggressive with his drive height.

My question is has anyone out there actually added a drive spacer (1/2" or 1") and seen any positive results?

The boat is a pooch out of the hole and has some slight porpusing at top end, I know by adding some tab will clear this up but just curious if a spacer will help it carry the bow which may actually help top end???

Last edited by FOUNTAINATLAST; 03-14-2006 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Adding Spacers to your Drive???

Fountainatlast,

I hve a 2001, purchased in 8/00 and have a Xdim of 17 1/2 " w/ 500efi, I agree that it is aggressive, but I swear I have one of the fastest 27 fevers out there (w/same power), I have been told so many times that a 29 with same power would out run me, and I have never been passed by a 29, and infact raced three and walked by all of them.

My only complaint is that it does blow out on slow turns and is a pig out of the hole.

WILL
Old 03-14-2006, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of speeds are you seeing??? Do you get any porpusing at the top end with no tab???

I get 68 GPS but have very few Fountains out here on the west coast to compare to. I'm running at high elevation which I know scrubs speed, but I was contiplenting adding the 1" spacer to see if it will carry the bow better which in theory should gain alittle with lee wetted surface...???
Old 03-15-2006, 08:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can GPS at sea level 74mph-75mph (speedo is reading 79mph) At Smith Mountain lake with half tank gas two people and cooler, looking at 72 gps.

I just find it amusing that I have walked by so many 80mph boats or so they claim, and then tell me they swear I was going allot faster, then I just pull out the gps and burst their bubble.

Anyway to really answer your question, if you add a spacer I doubt you will gain any performance, other than taking off out of the hole and less blow outs.

WILL