Performance Question on a 35

Notices

Performance Question on a 35

Old 04-04-2006, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Performance Question on a 35

Originally Posted by Troutly
I copied this thread to the Technical General Q & A forum to see if the motorheads there might be able to help you. Check there for respones, too
Thanks for spreading that around... Any help or feedback is appreciated
Old 04-04-2006, 04:42 PM
Registered

I would be concerned with the boost unless you are running chillers. Some one must have changed the blower pullies. Mine were changed and was near 9 psi. I put stock ones on and did not see much difference. But know the engines will last longer. And I know everyone likes to see 7 to 9 on the fuel pressure . I run 5 all day three years now and no problem. I was concerned with these problems also but if it aint broke , run the hell out of it.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:01 PM
Registered

I think you already have it trimmed out enough. The MAX you should trim the boat to is 5 or maybe 5.5. boat is overtrimmed or maybe your indicators are off.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are the blowers 250s?
Old 04-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

for 4500rpms you sure have it trimmed out a lot. 6 is starting to et into the Trailing Mode!
Old 04-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Stock blower set up on Merc 600 SC's would be the 420's --- not 250's. The 420's would be the B & M mega blowers.

Far as boost --- w/o chillers you are to high for continued running and relialibility, get back to 5 lbs +/-, the change will not effect speed very much at all.

As far as oil pressure --- try changing oil and filter first, be sure you know what you have in the motor to start with, then go from there. 45 psi is not real low for a stock pump, proper oiling is more about volume than pressure.

Couple years ago I looked at a 35 w/600 SC's, owner claimed 100mph but factory test sheet said low/mid 90's.

If you are not comfortable with your own abilities to figure this out get a good, reputable shop to take a look. professional help may not be cheap, but far less expensive than a rebuild if you " run the hell out of it " and break it, that's a real stupid piece of advice.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by skopi55
I think you already have it trimmed out enough. The MAX you should trim the boat to is 5 or maybe 5.5. boat is overtrimmed or maybe your indicators are off.
Could be,, Not sure if the Bmax drives make a difference either,, still in learning mode.

The blowers are 420's,, Motors were evidently set up by a guy named Joey Griffen..
Old 04-04-2006, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I bet Bravo's would be faster than the B-Max. B-Max are big heavy drives and from what I have heard I know of a race team that tried them back in 2002-2003 and lost MPH by a lot comparded to Bravo's.

Do you have a GPS hand held unit? Also check and see where neutral (level with the bottom) the drives are. Usualy from the factory Fountain set's this up at 3 for the drives and tabs. Take the GPS with you and set up a long long run. Start out at cruise and the drives at neutral and tap them up a half a stop at a time and see where you start to lose speed. Then keep doing this all the way to WOT. IF your drives are neutral at 3 I bet that at 4,000rpm cruise on smooth water you will find that around 4-4.5 will be the best trim and that at WOT anything over 5 to 5.5 you will lose speed.
Remember that the trim button is not the go fast button. Make sure your drives indicator is set properly. From your pic 1 drive is 1/2 a stop higher than the other. Make sure everything is balanced out and accurate.
Have fun and good luck!
Old 05-08-2006, 12:20 AM
Registered

The only way you should be getting that much boost (8.5) is if someone changed the pulley size. The upper pulley is easy to measure. Just find out what diameter Merc used and compare to yours. I bet you have smaller pulleys which is fine. Just make sure you run good fuel.
Jackhammer
Old 05-09-2006, 11:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skopi55

Is that right? I wasn't aware of that and have been trimming in the same fashion. I was under the impression that as long as you don't trim it up any more than is readable you were ok...

Quick Reply: Performance Question on a 35

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.