Now I'm bummin'

Notices

Now I'm bummin'

Old 04-25-2006, 10:27 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Now I'm bummin'

About a month ago I was planning the trip to pick up my boat down in NC. I figured it would be a great time check out the Fountain plant while I was in town. I made a few calls, lined everything up for this coming week (one being Rodney -the Fountain guy) , made Hotel accomodations, asked three of my die-hard Fountain buds to come along (who all took the day off), and talked to the dealer where I bought my boat from (4.5 hours from the plant) to see if they could stay late Saturday, etc. etc. Today I talk with Rodney at the Fountain Plant and find out that he has to go to a fishing torny on Saturday. He tells me nobody else can show us around . Talk about taking the wind out of your sail. Let me rephrase that....talk about sucking the premium out of your tank. You all know what happened next....yup, I had to break the news to my buds (You know the guys who all took the day off to see the plant). This Sucks!. I heard Rodney is a great guy from many people. I know this isn't his fault as his attendance at the torny was unexpected.
Maybe I'll go and bother Fred C. from Trick Marine . If I get a chance maybe I'll unload at Lake Norman . I'm also going to hang with the boys at OSO member M2's pad and get filthy drunk
Old 04-25-2006, 11:38 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: Now I'm bummin'

Faaaaaaaack........
Old 04-26-2006, 12:10 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW, I'd be really bummed too.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 04-26-2006, 08:57 AM
Registered

Need-The-Speed, if you still want a tour on Saturday, call 252-975-1132, and ask for Gail. I spoke with her and she will be glad to show you around. She is in the service and warranty department and is very knowledgable about the plant. It would be a shame to miss an oppurtunity to see the facility while you are in town.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:45 AM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rackster
Need-The-Speed, if you still want a tour on Saturday, call 252-975-1132, and ask for Gail. I spoke with her and she will be glad to show you around. She is in the service and warranty department and is very knowledgable about the plant. It would be a shame to miss an oppurtunity to see the facility while you are in town.
Gail, is AWSOME if anybody can help she can....BZ
Old 04-26-2006, 03:40 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tell her Bill Bartus says hi and pretty please and thank you for helpin out some OSO brothers. Gail is great.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:51 PM
Registered

I'll let her know. Gail and Tony both try very hard to help Fountain's customers and dealers.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:32 AM
Registered

I strongly suggest you unloading at Norman I would not only enjoy meeting up with you I would thourghly enjoy showing you the lake. Hit me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2006, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Need-the-Speed
About a month ago I was planning the trip to pick up my boat down in NC. I figured it would be a great time check out the Fountain plant while I was in town. I made a few calls, lined everything up for this coming week (one being Rodney -the Fountain guy) , made Hotel accomodations, asked three of my die-hard Fountain buds to come along (who all took the day off), and talked to the dealer where I bought my boat from (4.5 hours from the plant) to see if they could stay late Saturday, etc. etc. Today I talk with Rodney at the Fountain Plant and find out that he has to go to a fishing torny on Saturday. He tells me nobody else can show us around . Talk about taking the wind out of your sail. Let me rephrase that....talk about sucking the premium out of your tank. You all know what happened next....yup, I had to break the news to my buds (You know the guys who all took the day off to see the plant). This Sucks!. I heard Rodney is a great guy from many people. I know this isn't his fault as his attendance at the torny was unexpected.
Maybe I'll go and bother Fred C. from Trick Marine . If I get a chance maybe I'll unload at Lake Norman . I'm also going to hang with the boys at OSO member M2's pad and get filthy drunk
C'mon over......I won't be fishing!
Old 04-27-2006, 08:35 AM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Guys Thanks for the all the help. Unfortunetly, After I hung up Rodney I cancelled the rooms, called the dealer explaining what happened and that I would be arriving 5 hours sooner, made new Friday night sleeping arrangements, and made plans to dunk the boat at Lake Norman. At this moment, I'm unsure what time the boating will begin as I'm playing follow the leader. If I I get some specifics I will post em'. Thanks Again for all the help guy's!! The power of OSO...you have to love it