35 Dual fuel tanks >

35 Dual fuel tanks

Notices

35 Dual fuel tanks

Old 05-30-2006, 11:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35 Dual fuel tanks

Does anyone know if the 2000 35 Lightning or any Fountain with dual tanks have an equalizer hose between tanks? If not any thoughts on why one couldn't be installed between the two ball valves on each line?

With fuel on the lake at $4.00 a gallon I am installing a tank in my truck. I will not have an easy way to but equal amounts in both tanks. So I would like it to equalize over night.

Thanks Dan
Old 05-31-2006, 07:50 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 35 Dual fuel tanks

Other than drilling the bottom of the tanks and welding in a fitting it shouldn't be a big deal I know Fountain does not connect the tanks in any boat, each motor gets it's own. This can be good if one gets contaminated, at least you still can run on one.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:08 PM
Registered

Thanks,Insptech
My thought on the cross over I believe is simple. Both tanks have a 1/2" line coming out the bottom ( I Believe) going to a ball valve shutoff then to the motors. If I connect tee fittings at the shutoff and install a line between the two as well as a an additional shut off to keep the two separate if needed.

All that being said I am now remembering the lines most likely go to the top of the tank with fuel pick ups and roll over check valves.

Still don't know why the factory would not have the two connected ? Back to the drawing board, I guess.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Registered

I do not know about any one else ,but my pick up tudes do not have check valves in them . They flow free out of the top of the tank.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ripride1
Thanks,Insptech
My thought on the cross over I believe is simple. Both tanks have a 1/2" line coming out the bottom ( I Believe) going to a ball valve shutoff then to the motors. If I connect tee fittings at the shutoff and install a line between the two as well as a an additional shut off to keep the two separate if needed.

All that being said I am now remembering the lines most likely go to the top of the tank with fuel pick ups and roll over check valves.

Still don't know why the factory would not have the two connected ? Back to the drawing board, I guess.
It Is best if the two stay seperate In case of water contamination and debris in one tank not cross contaminating. your Idiea however about the ball valve is a good one in case of A ironious reading from 1 of your fuel sensors and you run out of fuel on one tank.. You could have a cross over line behind(engine Side) the ball valve routed across the bulkhead with another ball valve inline as a emergency feed to the motor in trouble.. Think Its not a bad idiea! My .02